Wild Butterfly with 600mm lens

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Not sure if this works 100:% Meadow Brown on a Thistle

Sony a7Riv + Sony 200-600mm - as I did not have my Macro lens with me :)

GCcQn0M.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken a number of shots with my 600mm and I like how they came out, although I consider them to be close-ups and not macro. The surroundings here may stand out a bit but they don't really bother me. Maybe that's because I'm not thinking about how the pic could look better and I like how things look a little oof. Nice 600mm shot, bud.

Nit sure if this works 100:% Meadow Brown on a Thistle

Sony a7Riv + Sony 200-600mm - as I did not have my Macro lens with me :)

GCcQn0M.jpg

Les :)
I'd like to see the finished product, with an accurate lens designation.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the finished product, with an accurate lens designation.

Good luck with that one an accurate lens designation, As I explained I did NOT have my Macro lens with me :ty:

Works for me ... very pleasing in fact. :)
Thank you Roger :)
Nice and sharp Les, I did some similar close up shots last year with my Fuji 50-140 and 2x converter. I htink they work well as close up rigs just for me a bit hard to keep accurate framing hand held.
You need to drink less then Paul :LOL::LOL:
It does work great image
Thank you :)
I find the big purple flare in the bg a bit distracting.......
Its another thistle - I am not in the habit of destroying plants to get a clean BG- in any case the butterfly would have taken to the wing etc etc :) I'll try a Portrait crop

Nice Les, but the OOF flower heads is a little over powering
As I say Gav- not a lot I can do about that- I could clone it out I guess ?:)

I've taken a number of shots with my 600mm and I like how they came out, although I consider them to be close-ups and not macro. The surroundings here may stand out a bit but they don't really bother me. Maybe that's because I'm not thinking about how the pic could look better and I like how things look a little oof. Nice 600mm shot, bud.
Thank you Kirk :)

Funny, I think the background flower head gives it a pleasing balance ... good job we're not all the same.
I try to please everyone Roger- not always easy- I myself prefer the original shot - giving some idea of Habitat :)

I'm not bothered either way TBH, nice edit though Les :)

Nice shots les

I really like the first image Les.
I like the subtle pastel effect.
I prefer the thistle in the background as it shows the full impact of the natural environment.
I use my 200-600mm for close up shots as I don't have a macro lens, but I prefer shooting from further away, rather than scaring them off trying to get too close....

Last edited:
I like the original. The 600mm has proven to be a challenge for me with subjects like butterflies, but you did a fine job with that one, no need to clone out the thistle flower in the background in my opinion.

That particular comment was voted the best excuse for not posting an image, in the staffroom, so far this year (y)
Ha ha :rolleyes::p - I am happy with that Chris- is there a prize - a special monitor perhaps ? :LOL::LOL:
I like the original. The 600mm has proven to be a challenge for me with subjects like butterflies, but you did a fine job with that one, no need to clone out the thistle flower in the background in my opinion.
Thank you Jeff - If I utilise a fast shutter speed in this case 1/2000th sec I find hand holding a little easier :)
Blimey thats some strong butterfly to handle a 600mm ;)
There's always one :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

Back