Beginner Butterfly World - Preston Park - Stockton On Tees

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
All comments and critique are welcome, (be gentle though lol) :)

BW1_zpsgk6rej0c.jpg

BW4_zpsr1qujgt0.jpg

BW8_zpsjpems3ng.jpg

BW9_zpspo9k0jsw.jpg

BW11_zpsunmxk5c6.jpg

BW19_zpss6yznocb.jpg

BW22_zpsdv9zms59.jpg

BW23_zpst6neqsjt.jpg

A couple are resonabley sharp there Crag, not easy is it.?:) I am no expert on the old butterflys insect shooting game, too impatient.:eek: Not sure what settings you had on camera but I would shoot at least F8 use quite a high ISO around 800 you should then get good shutter speeds to avoid camera shake which I think has effected a lot of your shots.(y)

I'd echo Steve's comments about them being slightly soft. I think in 3 you got the focus sharp on the plant, but not the butterfly, compareed to 6 which I think is best of the bunch.

I prefer the ones where the butterfly taking up the bulk of the image rather than those where it's a bit further away, in them I get a little bit lost on the surrounding distractions rather than the butterfly itself.

In the last shot the blurred twig is a bit distracting to my eye, I tried resizing my window to "crop" it out and preferred the image without it, the blurred pastel like background looks really good behind the bright colours of the butterfly.

Hope that helps, they are great subjects and looking forward to seeign your next shots of them (y)

Back