Butterfly's and Bee's

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Been feeling under the weather again, so thought I would get out in the garden and make full use of the now blooming butterfly bush, lavender and their visitors!

I hope you enjoy them :)
click each one to see the bigger size.

1) Bumble Bee (I've just made this one my desktop)

2) Polygonia c-album (Comma)

3) Bumble Bee

4) Polygonia c-album (Comma)

5) Bumble Bee

6) Vanessa atalanta (Red Admiral)

7) Polygonia c-album (Comma)

8) Pieris brassicae (large white)

9) Vanessa atalanta (Red Admiral) This one is my favourite

C&C welcomed​

I know! They haven't been around much at all recently. I think all the fledglings have finally left home, so they don't need our food offerings as much now :(

Niether have mine. I haven't seen 2 on the feeder together for a few days now. Or maybe I just get up too late to see them :LOL:

#4 for me too, nice comp, pose, & clarity (y)

My Buddleaia is just starting to flower now, so I hope to see some flutterby's too ... havent seen any in my garden this year! :shake:

Thanks all :love:

Glo ~ We have found that our decision not to weed at all until around now each year has produced lots of benefits. More butterflies being a big one! Since the weeds are still nice an big (all right it looks a mess, but what the hell) there are plenty of caterpillars and the like. They also act as good coverage for all the fledglings, bunnies ... oh, the list is endless :LOL:

:LOL:

There is a downside to where I live which I'm sure would put most off... it's right up against a very busy road (at rush hours anyway) and the other day we witnessed the 6th major accident on this road in 6 years. This one had a fatality too :( too close for comfort.

Back