Buttermere at dawn today with extra shot added

I think it's beautiful Alf.
I'd be chuffed to have taken it.

Thats a cracking shot alf well composed and lovely light. I would be well chuffed if I had taken it (y)

Yep, it was worth getting up for :)

That's a very nice image Alf, great composition, some good reflections, and a lovely sky.(y)

George.

Thanks all for the comments.

I have a good few days recently having been happy with what I shot on four out of the last five days and I didnt shoot on one of those days.

Both lovely shots - I prefer the first (as the finer ripples on the second almost make it look like the reflection is pxelated) but would be proud to have taken either.

Two lovely shots Alf must have been a lovely morning, keep changing my mind to which I prefer.

Thanks Graham glad you like them it was a nice but cold morning though I was well wraped up.

Both lovely shots - I prefer the first (as the finer ripples on the second almost make it look like the reflection is pxelated) but would be proud to have taken either.

Thanks Matt

These are stunning! I love the tinge of pink in the sky on the second image :)

Thanks Sarah

Love the Lakes, love your photos too, must go back very soon

Just epic. Love both.

Thanks Steve

Love the Lakes, love your photos too, must go back very soon

Marac
Thanks
Dont hurry back it was quiet that morning I never saw anyone but a couple of farmers. Tourist clutter the place up. :p

Last edited:
Both really really nice I've been there a few times and not had a nice sunrise like that yet! Back there next Monday though so fingers crossed!

Thanks Nick I have managed some nice sunrise shots at Buttermere
I presume its a course on Monday I hope it goes well.

Both are beauties.

Thanks Mark

Thanks Nick I have managed some nice sunrise shots at Buttermere
I presume its a course on Monday I hope it goes well.

Thanks Mark
Yeah a course got 2 people coming, hoping to do sunrise at buttermere, then go to derwentwater for a little while then to Thirlmere for sunset! Should be an eventful day!

Very stunning, nice light and the clouds look dramatic.

Yeah a course got 2 people coming, hoping to do sunrise at buttermere, then go to derwentwater for a little while then to Thirlmere for sunset! Should be an eventful day!

Hope it goes well nick and the l;ight is better than today

Very stunning, nice light and the clouds look dramatic.

Thanks Darran it was alovely morning

Lovely light there Alf! No1 is a beauty I love that little reflection just left of centre that little golden pool of light. Nice shot handheld! like the nice crisp foreground and the sharp, reeds on the right. Great colour and light in the sky, with nice strong diagonals leads you right into the shot.

No2 a very nice 50:50 shot with a really strong reflection, nice and clean well exposed shot Alf, really like them both.
I think No1 has it for me just as it has a little more interest in it, but both are still great shots!

Lovely light there Alf! No1 is a beauty I love that little reflection just left of centre that little golden pool of light. Nice shot handheld! like the nice crisp foreground and the sharp, reeds on the right. Great colour and light in the sky, with nice strong diagonals leads you right into the shot.

No2 a very nice 50:50 shot with a really strong reflection, nice and clean well exposed shot Alf, really like them both.
I think No1 has it for me just as it has a little more interest in it, but both are still great shots!

Thanks Steve gla d you like them.

Back