Buy from outside the UK

Yes you need to be carefull of import tax, which can be fairly hefty and equal the same amount as buying in the UK. Also if there any problems i am sure you have to send it back to the country you bought it from which would be costly.

looking at that makes me want to buy a 40D :LOL: they do the 17-85 IS USM for about £200 ! Thats pretty cheap! They got a nice range of cheap lenses.

My help isnt very good hopefully someone with more experience will help.

no imprt duty on digital cameras according to C&E website but 6.7% on lenses.

Going by his neg feedback some-one had to pay £150 vat to the customs on a 450d.Also his postage seems very high

Hmm Digital Rev, are doing no import tax on some of there lenses the 24-105mm L lens is £514.99 plus P+P and there re-imburst the import tax.

If thats the case about Digital Camera's i want the 40D :LOL: thats a really good price.
I take that back now due to neg feedback.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Allthough the prices are good, I think i'm going to get one from the UK, just for peace of mind.

Be just my luck to buy one from Taiwan, and then something go wrong with it.

I was going to get a d300 imported but changed my mind, because if I had to pay vat
It wasn’t any cheaper.

I was going to get a d300 imported but changed my mind, because if I had to pay vat
It wasn’t any cheaper.

And you don't get a Nikon UK warranty which is two years.

Importing Nikon bodies is false economy, unless the savings will cover a repair if needed IMHO.

Have you tried KERSO. I've never seen any bad feedback from anyone and he's really cheap as well.

Andy

Will take a look, cheers.

Yeah i bought a 40D complete with Lens+4GB CF Card+Spare Battery from digital rev , had to pay £44 import tax on delivery.

Still worked out £200 cheaper than buying it all in the UK though

Ive tride to find this KERSO any links
And you don't get a Nikon UK warranty which is two years.

Importing Nikon bodies is false economy, unless the savings will cover a repair if needed IMHO.

Thats the other clincher to by uk

I would like to know, as I am new to UK (temporarily here),
so anything that is imported into the UK, including second hand goods, will have 17.5% tax on top?

It will have import duty of around 3% and then VAT of 17.% added to the 103%.

You also have to be aware that they can charge the duty on the UK price of the goods, not the "£10 Gift" value that the seller has put on that D3 body :LOL:

Decided to buy from a shop, just for peace of mind.

I would buy any camera from HK rather than Taiwan which might be more expensive.

Back