Buy now or Buy later ? That is the question

Edit My Images
Yes
Good afternoon all,

after narrowing it down I'm pretty much set on buying the best Canon I can (and lens) with around £700 being the maximum.

Ive seen some good deals on 2nd hand xxD's or New 750D/760D's, which can be had for the price I can afford (Just).

My question is do cameras and suppliers have the new year "sales" in general or should I just find what I can and buy it... there will always be a better deal :LOL:?

Regards Tom.

dunno if there is a new years sale as much but back end Jan and Feb can be a bit quiet for retailers.
look at cash back schemes as well.

If you need it now buy it now, if you are not then wait until you need to buy unless you see a cracking deal

Second hand from a reputable dealer is the way to go and they don't really have sales - prices stay much the same across the year.

What sort of savings would you want in order to wait a couple of months? I'd prefer to have the gear get some practice time [emoji3]

i have been wondering the opposite.
sell now or later? i have a variety of items i will be offloading, but not in a hurry

So I went round a few stores and few smaller independent stores but couldn’t find anything.

Few cash back deals but nothing that got me excited vs the online 2nd hand stuff say at mpb I’m just unsure about buying online and how long a camera is good for?

Any feedback on say cameras with upwards of 25000 shots

Regards Tom

If you are hoping for a sale deal to come close to the current 2nd hand prices I think you may be disappointed - witness the scarcity of Black Friday deals. I would suggest checking camerapricebuster to see what the price fluctuations have been on the items you are interested in to inform your decision.

If going pre owned gets you what you want for the money then I think you have answered your own question. There is always the chance of haggling the price down on s/hand a bit more than new

There is usually some good deals on this forum in the classifieds. You might get a good bargain after Christmas when people get all new shiny cameras on December 25th :)

There is usually some good deals on this forum in the classifieds. You might get a good bargain after Christmas when people get all new shiny cameras on December 25th :)

Hi Mate,

I was hoping to hae a good look around but it's locked for me even just to view whats in there. Think I have to get my post count up... but im not going to stick x amount of pointless posts up will just annoy people.

Regards.

Hi Mate,

I was hoping to hae a good look around but it's locked for me even just to view whats in there. Think I have to get my post count up... but im not going to stick x amount of pointless posts up will just annoy people.

Regards.
Ah
didn't look at your post count, sorry about that.
FWIW Canon have a cashback on a few things at the moment but I think it runs out in January, so a 800D with 18-55STM lens with the cashback is within your budget, or if you can wait until you have the required posts then I'm pretty sure you will get sorted in the classifieds, even if you put a wanted ad in there.

Just to update this thread I went for the 750D with 18-55mm lens, it was well within budget and gives me potential to buy a longer lens say 55-250 at a later date.

About to start playing with the settings and set up a flickr account hopfully share some decent "beginner" shots soon!

Regards Tom.

Just to update this thread I went for the 750D with 18-55mm lens, it was well within budget and gives me potential to buy a longer lens say 55-250 at a later date.

About to start playing with the settings and set up a flickr account hopfully share some decent "beginner" shots soon!

Regards Tom.

It’s a good camera.

I use mine mainly for video work but the 750D works very well with STM lenses. On video there is no AF noise.

The 55-250 STM is excellent on the 750D.

I now shoot stills mainly with the EOS M5 but when I am out and about with the car, the 750D comes along too.

Back