Buying a CF card off ebay

Name
Arnie
Edit My Images
No
Im looking to buy anouther CF card and have been looking at cards sold on ebay.

As im sure most of you have noticed, ebay sellers sell all kinds of makes of CF cards..

My question is, are these cards rebranded SanDisk cards? like you get with other products?

Check HERE for genuine CF cards - Apparently there are loads of fake/re-labeled ones floating around on ebay...

I recently bought a 8gb one £17.99 from Mymemory (their own brand name on it) Click here and it works a treat. I've not noticed any difference in download speed with it from my sandisk one.

Check HERE for genuine CF cards - Apparently there are loads of fake/re-labeled ones floating around on ebay...

I bought an SD card a while back that split into two :eek:

Contacted Sandisk and quoted the serial number to be told it was a fake card :crying: I was surprised, it came in the proper box and looked legit, will never buy memory cards from ebay again.

i got my b extreme 3 from picstop for £20 delivered,it's the real deal too.

I bought an SD card a while back that split into two :eek:

Contacted Sandisk and quoted the serial number to be told it was a fake card :crying: I was surprised, it came in the proper box and looked legit, will never buy memory cards from ebay again.

well i think this means i wont buy off ebay..... lol

I recently bought a 8gb one £17.99 from Mymemory (their own brand name on it) Click here and it works a treat. I've not noticed any difference in download speed with it from my sandisk one.

Same here - although I have 2 2GB cards, the download speed to the computer is great (with a usb 2.0 card reader)

Don't buy CF cards from Ebay. Buy from a reputable retailer such as 7 day shop or play.com or picstop or ...

Ebay cards are highly likely to be counterfeit, especially if they're "too good to be true" cheap. Even the boxes are quite convincing.

If you do buy from flea-bay do not use UKFLASHMAN he is a con artist you pay say £3 for a car but he then charges a fortune for P&P but only puts a 1st class stamp on then you get charged another £1 from the ost office

Back in 2007, I was caught out with three fake SanDisk Extreme III CF cards on eBay, I was lucky enough to get my money back with the help of Pay Pal.

MyMemory's own branded PRO CF cards operate at the same speed as SanDisk Extreme III cards 133X, a 8GB MyMemory PRO CF card costs £17.99 at present with free P+P.

Brian

Amazon currently have ScandisK Extreme III 2Gb cards for £14.74 each and if you buy two you get free postage, or if you only want one Play.com have them for £16.49 delivered.

Since sandisk had lowered their prices, there is no point of buying it in ebay.

I didnt want to make a new topic so I will just use this one :)
quick question...will I see much of a difference while using sandisk ultra II and extreme III ????

LOL Thx :) it shows that im not too good in using search option:D

I found it no bother by searching my own posts:D

Oh and btw I have both and can not notice any difference the way I use my camera and cf card reader.

me again ;) I hope 40d does not have any problems with CF cards 4gig and above?

not that im aware of

how many cards do U have and how big:)
just wanna' figure it out if one 4gig would fine for me...still cant dcide if i should shoot only in RAW or not...Im off to wedding soon and straight from it to monaco for a week and I wont have pc access for whole 2 weeks with camera...and if i go for RAW only i will be able to shoot not as many pics heh ...choices... :D

how many cards do U have and how big:)
just wanna' figure it out if one 4gig would fine for me...still cant dcide if i should shoot only in RAW or not...Im off to wedding soon and straight from it to monaco for a week and I wont have pc access for whole 2 weeks with camera...and if i go for RAW only i will be able to shoot not as many pics heh ...choices... :D

There you go again, you will get a better response to that question if you start your own thread...........

Most cards from no-name suppliers I have seen are Toshiba I think. If you have a look at the ends of the card you will ofetn see a serial number. Many of these start with TOSH.....

Keep an eye out for deals, I got my 4GB Extreme III for £15.99 just over a month ago, alas, now the same store sells them for about £30. That was on amazon. I wish I had bought more...

Back