buying a imac 27''

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
just in the process of purchasing a imac with 27'' monitor, buying direct from apple and cant wait to be up and running, im finding im asked to do more shoots recently so thought i will upgrade from my 2 year old dell laptop,

is this the right buy as i have used the imac at local college and thought they were brillaint??

dave

If your happy with your choice and can afford it then enjoy. Had mine for 21/2 years and wouldn't think of changing

They are fantastic, I use a 27" iMac at work and use my MacBook Pro when I'm at home. Don't forget you'll need some decent editing software to make the most of the mac :D

If you aren't happy with the OSX software, you can always dual boot windows onto it. Windows 7 Runs really well!

Changed from PC to 27" iMac 18 months ago and have since also bought a 17" MacBook Pro. Absolutely delighted with both and would never dream of going back to the dark side!

Might want to hang on for a month or two. There are rumors ( and they are only rumors) that Apple will introduce an iMac with a matte screen. Possible date is around the May/June time , when the new IvyBridge processors will be making a debut.

Remember though RUMOR ONLY

oooooooo matt screen that wu be better i search round for that info

Great choice Dave, moved over to Mac's about 4 years ago now and will never go back !!

I do find the glare on the screen to be a pain sometimes but that would be my only niggle with the imacs. Ive also got a mac book pro with an anti glare screen which i love and find myself doing most of my PPing on that.

Has anyone bought an anti glare screen protector for their imac?? Im interested in getting one but was wondering if it would change the colours in anyway or throw out the calibration?

Fabulous piece of kit, I use an i7 with 16GB ram and it flies I upgraded from a powermac G5 that I had for a few years, simply superb to use although the matt screen would make it even better.

Can't go wrong with the iMac, a wonderful piece of hardware.

However, I am waiting for this ...

Chappers said:
Might want to hang on for a month or two. There are rumors ( and they are only rumors) that Apple will introduce an iMac with a matte screen. Possible date is around the May/June time , when the new IvyBridge processors will be making a debut.

Remember though RUMOR ONLY

As it's only a few days away; may be worth waiting for.

Back