buying a new camera

Name
becky
Edit My Images
Yes
i've decided that i want to replace my crappy fuji finepix S5700.
im looking to spend about £200-£300. i was thinking a canon 400D? whats your opinion on this camera?

I've said this before but, all I can say is don't buy any camera without getting to handle it first - you're hopefully going to spend a long time with the camera in your hands - it's important that it "feels right".

There's very few bad camera's out there - some may be better value for money at a certain price point but real turkeys are rare. In my opinion, you'll get better shots from the camera that works best for you - mainly because you'll use it more, and that'll increase your shots taken, and by weight of numbers, your keepers.

There's nothing wrong with the 400D, other than it's been discontinued by Canon, so you're looking at a second hand one, which means you're as much at the mercy of the prior users as you are at canon's design expertise. Personally, i'd only buy my first slr s/h if I could handle it first, and could take someone more experienced with them along to give a second opinion.

ditto above answer you have to handle em !!! if you want a used one try a camera club near you at least you know who,s looked after it, happy hunting

Back