Buying a secondhand lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Quick bit of advice please. I'm looking to purchase a Nikon lens from eBay which is advertised as brand new. The seller has invited me to attend and view and I get a feeling of genuineness.
They've sent me photos of the lens and box, and I have the serial number. Checking online it appears to be one of the latter serial numbers so I'm guessing it's is a newer lens, fitting in with the claim it's brand new.

The question I have is around registering it and any potential warranty. Buying it under these circumstances am I kneecapping myself with warranty claims or anything similar?

If you're getting it for a good price that could be the trade off. I've had 50+ different lenses, a large majority bought second hand, and I've never once encounter a problem.

If its been looked after I really wouldn't worry.

With regards to warranty you should check if it's been previously registered with Nikon as i believe it's not transferable.

If not, it's uk sourced and they are happy to provide you with proof of purchase, then you should have a better chance for a warranty claim.

I have bought used lenses before and been lucky so far and haven't had any issues.

Back