Buying second hand Mpb

All sorts of reasons why they might do that. I sold some equipment there recently that I described as Excellent - they upgraded almost all of it to Like New and increased their offer. Some people are more careful with their gear than others.

I recently did, bought it then a new fast zoom came out that covered the same focal length so hardly got used.

All sorts of reasons why they might do that. I sold some equipment there recently that I described as Excellent - they upgraded almost all of it to Like New and increased their offer. Some people are more careful with their gear than others.

So would be a good deal for that lens? Was thinking the Nikon 200-500 also but you know what British weather is like and it would be used mainly for rugby

So would be a good deal for that lens? Was thinking the Nikon 200-500 also but you know what British weather is like and it would be used mainly for rugby
Afraid I can't help you with that - I was answering the other part of the question :)

I use one on Canon (great lens but heavy). I don't think it's a bad price for a minter, you would get it cheaper from a private seller obviously but then they have no overheads and don't give you a warranty.

I have seen a Sigma 150-600 sport on their site for £1049 (Like New). Is this a good deal as wondering why someone would sell a like new lens??

I have two mint condition lenses which rarely see the light of day, they will most likely end up at MPB

Someone may have found the lens was actually too large and/or heavy for them, or found they weren't actually using it for the type of photography they found they had started doing. Or perhaps someone overstretched themselves financially or lost their job and needed to raise some funds shortly after buying it? There are lots of reasons a lens might be in 'like new' condition. I bought a top of the range (once) Canon flash from MPB earlier this year and that was like new, I doubt it had been on a camera more than two or three times before I bought it. Perhaps that was bought as a spare back-up, or by a wealthy person who wanted all the kit and didn't actually use it, or someone who changed systems shortly after buying it... who knows, but I was happy to find a 'minter' and make good use of it. :)

Last edited:
I’ve recently bought the same lens in a deal with the 1.4TC.
It isn’t playing ball with my mc-11 and A7Riii so I’m thinking the same and sending it somewhere like mpb against a 100-400 gm.

I'm thinking of selling a £1150 lens I've literally only used to check it actually works to MPB.
Bought it thinking I'd get back into Macro, lost interest before I'd even started! Not finest moment - but yes, there are lots of genuine reasons :)

My 18-55 kit lens went to MPB after being taken out on almost every time my camera had been out for about 4 years.. Sent it in as excellent and was approved the day it arrived.

Just a case of looking after it really.

hmmm thats as near as dammit to the new price if you shop around , and with a brand new one you get sigmas 3 year warranty , which if my experience is anything to go by you will need . super lenses but a bit heavy

Where would I get new close to that price??
H.DEW brand new £1299 with 3 year sigma warranty . o.k £250 more but the warranty would seal it for me

Unless of course it's not a UK lens (Highly likely with Hdew) in which case the 3 year warranty with Sigma is void.
Before doubting me mike why not just take a look at the site it states quite clearly 3 year warranty with SIGMA U.K

Mifsuds also have a 10% discount offer running at the moment (for phone or shop orders) so you could get the lens and teleconverter for £1258, and if you can sell the teleconverter you'd have a new lens plus warranty for around £1100. The discount offer won't last forever though, but worth taking advantage of if you need something they have in stock.

Have a look at CEX webuy.com to see what they have in stock , I bought a Fuji 100-400 from them, free post , 30 days to make sure you're happy with it , return to your local store if not and 2 years guarantee, the guarantee is diminishing based on their current sale price , but it was £1100 and works fine , in good condition with hood and both caps but no box , very well packed though.

Their biggest problem is little or no information on the condition of the item and no way that I could find of contacting the store with it in stock , tried the lens at the weekend , very happy with it.

Back