Buying used MacBook pro

Edit My Images
No
Main thing is iPhoto and hoping to move to some editing

I currently have a white MacBook so 13"

With limited budget but wanting an Icore series

Does anyone do editing stuff on 13"

Or best go 15.4? Just a big price difference

Also when it comes to editing how does i5 cope vs i7?

i have an older core duo 15" macbook pro and it holds up really well in PP. I have done stacks of over 200 raw images and it holds up nicely. Upgrading Mac's is really easy and I'd recommend doing the optical drive swap to ssd at some point and running 16gb or ram when you can afford it as you will notice the difference. Iphoto isnt great for editing so I'd recommend purchasing photoshop elements on top

Thanks

I have photoshop elements trial before. So good starting point for me but was too laboured on my machine with processor, heat and fans, so not played with post processing like I would

I did pick up a newer core 2 duo MacBook pro but it seemed to run hotter than my white version quite a bit so checking out i7 ones

I've got a Late 2011 15'' MBP. Baseline with Extra RAM. And it Runs silly hot, at the beginning it was annoying, and i though it was going to die. But they are deigned to shut down if they get to hot.

So if you get one, and the Fans run like a mother, its cooks your desk or lap. Don't worry, they all do it :)

I use a 13" late 2011 MBP i5 with 8Gb RAM. It runs PSE 10 comfortably (usually with itunes and iphoto running at the same time) although as mentioned it does get hot. I run iStatPro and i regularly see 90-93 degrees as the fans kick in to around 6000 rpm, it soon cools down and has never caused me any performance issues.

The only draw back is screen size, i tend to do any serious editing on a 27" iMac running i5 with 16Gb of RAM - i would say the MBP performs just as well though.

Thanks

The aluminium one I had seemed to get warm around the keyboard too

Thanks

The aluminium one I had seemed to get warm around the keyboard too

they all do, they are made out of aluminium :rules:

It can be a nice hand warmer in the winter :wacky:

I had a 15" and loved it, easy to edit photos as the screens are awesome. I am now using a 13" and it is very hard to view photos properly so I am probably going to buy an external monitor soon.

The 15" are quite big making it hard to chuck in a bag whilst I can take my current one anywhere. I would go into a mac store and have a go for yourself....

Back