Buzzard in flight

Edit My Images
Yes
Buzzard in flight ... 200-400 + 1.7TC hand held (VR off :bonk:) taken from a permanent hide window, taken a split second after the lens came to a halt against the top edge of the window frame, never the easiest thing to shoot BIF shots from, especially when the bird is heading at and over the hide.

Good shot Martyn considering the drama you were having.

Good shot Martyn considering the drama you were having.

I was tracking it, nailing focus, about to fire the shutter, came to a halt against the window frame, sort of carried on pointing the lens and fired the shutter ... I was not looking through the viewfinder when that shot was taken :D

I am going to see if I can build a turret into the hide roof, like they had on the WW2 bombers, make life so much easier :naughty:

I am going to see if I can build a turret into the hide roof, like they had on the WW2 bombers, make life so much easier :naughty:

It`s either that or converting a Tai Fighter Martyn :D
Good capture (y)

I often wonder if one of those open wireframe viewfinders like they used to have on Press cameras in the 1950's would be helpful, as the angle of view with a long lens is like trying to find the bird looking through a straw.

I often wonder if one of those open wireframe viewfinders like they used to have on Press cameras in the 1950's would be helpful, as the angle of view with a long lens is like trying to find the bird looking through a straw.

:D A couple of years ago I was trying to snap a Goldcrest, close with a 500mm ... frustrating beyond words :)

The other option is an astro scope red dot finder :thinking:

Back