Buzzard shake down

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
J Buzzard

something different

I know it's not sharpe etc., and it's arse front ………. but what do you think?

JB_shake.jpg

I'm very sorry to say that it's just not for me. :( Perhaps if it had been camera facing then I would like it more. However, I still believe it is more relevant than some of the recent enteries into the Wildlife of the Year competitionthis year, so at least you have that. :)

Thanks guys - I did post it for a reason - I had just been very critical of a post that Darren had made and I was hoping to get comments of what was wrong with the image - settings, focus, composition etc., etc., but it got me "thinking" as processing is so powerful these days

also maybe showing movement in a bird - fast shutter speed v slower to show different kinds of movement …… good shot - bad shot

unsharpe images - "caricatures" ………. all images don't have to be sharpe or even in focus…… more creativity?

different ways to process

Here's some more in the same vain and a development of my thoughts - what do you think of these?

They may need a little TLC, sorry PP!! …….. but it's the "idea" that I'm exploring!!

the idea could be complete "rubbish" for all I know

suggestions?

XY_shake.jpg

RC_shake_2.jpg

I tried a few earlier in the year, but did not get a great response

birdscape.jpg

birdscape_1.jpg

Soth_Africa_2014.jpg

I quite like Reed Cormorants

Last edited:
I like the idea of this shot!
Ideally frame filled a little more, and from the front is probably going to be more interesting. But overall I like the idea of a shot showing a bit of ruffling/blur

Bill, let me start by saying it doesn't matter a toss what other people think of your shots. If you like them, then that's all that counts.

Your ideas are very sound - there is certainly a niche for this sort of photography. Whether it's to other people's taste is another kettle of fish.

There isn't one of the photos you've posted that I dislike, although I prefer some to others

Have you considered a slow shutter speed with a delayed flash to get a sharp image and yet show movement?

Thanks guys - negative comments never worry me …… I am used to them …… in fact they do help

Jeff and Vesalius, thanks - I'm trying to explore something new from the usual shots …… difficult trying to be anything like "creative"

Not sure about the flash Jeff - the birds were some distance away

Keep your comments coming!!

Last edited:
i'm probably not the best to comment but i quite like the pics................ (hiding under cover) :0)

i'm probably not the best to comment but i quite like the pics................ (hiding under cover) :0)
No worries Darren - you have to remember that some people don't recognise "art" even when it stirring them in the face!!@!@£$

Last edited:
Back