Buzzard

Edit My Images
No
A buzzard seen in a local wood.Heavy Crop Though !!!

4147528327_5c248b3506.jpg

Thanks for looking BFT999

Even though its a heavy crop it's still not to bad
Regards
lost

Hi BFT and welcome :) Regardless of the crop that is a very good capture, and you have caught it with a lovely pose.Well spotted :clap:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies, its very encouraging to hear good comments from such good 'togs.. Cheers Bft999...

Buzzards are creatures of habit,if they land there once a day, they will land there twice a day.Usually once on the way out from the nest and once back in,a bit of recon will work well for you here..........(y)

Well spotted and nicely caught.

Buzzards are creatures of habit,if they land there once a day, they will land there twice a day.Usually once on the way out from the nest and once back in,a bit of recon will work well for you here..........(y)

This is one of a pair, don't know if they are mates or female /juvenile, but the other one was getting mobbed by crows and both were flying through the trees screeching.. quite a noise.. Ill be back to see if I can get them again.. I think i may have discovered their nest..Quite large and messy in quite a secluded part of the wood..

The juveniles will probably be on thier own now. Try not to get too close to the nest,especially in the spring, they can tend to "attack" people that go to close. Well they swoop and screech at you.Leave them in peace on the nest and get them when they leave, they will loiter around certain areas. Alternatively, pick some dead rabbits or pheasants off the road, pick a good spot and leave the dead animals out for the buzzards, they are primarily scavengers and will soon find the bait,but if they see any sign of you then they are unlikely to land.

Hope that helps a little.

The juveniles will probably be on thier own now. Try not to get too close to the nest,especially in the spring, they can tend to "attack" people that go to close. Well they swoop and screech at you.Leave them in peace on the nest and get them when they leave, they will loiter around certain areas. Alternatively, pick some dead rabbits or pheasants off the road, pick a good spot and leave the dead animals out for the buzzards, they are primarily scavengers and will soon find the bait,but if they see any sign of you then they are unlikely to land.

Hope that helps a little.

Great Advice:) Have to add a hide or camo gear to Santas List !!!(y)

Great Advice:) Have to add a hide or camo gear to Santas List !!!(y)

Either will do. Get hidden well in some undergrowth and leave the bait out with a clear field of view,preferably near a wood.The birds are quite large ,especially with wings out when landing or ripping the bait up,so you don`t need to be that close.The birds have certain paths, find those and bait accordingly.........(y)

Back