Buzzard

Edit My Images
No
Haven't posted here for a long time so thought I would start again with one of my favourite Buzzard shot's.

I have posted a few before but not this one.

Taken from a hide I have.

What a fantastic photo, look at that beak. Every part of that photo is crisp and sharp. Could you say which lens you have used.

Thats a very nice shot Mick... I have been looking around my local area for somewhere that i could set up a shot like this....

well done imho..

MD

Nature in the raw - a fantastic photo, sharpness is spot on and contrast looks to be good as well, at least for my eyes anyway. Nice one(y)

Thats a very nice shot Mick... I have been looking around my local area for somewhere that i could set up a shot like this....

well done imho..

MD

Thank's MD, there's plenty about, you just have to find a good place to setup and wait, and wait and ...

Ah if only...... I know where quiet few frequent. and I could possible get access to one field which is close to a nest... But there is just nowhere for me to hide in a hide lol I have even got down low to see what the shot could look like as the field is on a brow.

Your shot is what i would want but alot would depend on the time " where the sun would be " ? how have you tied the rabbit down

MD

Ah if only...... I know where quiet few frequent. and I could possible get access to one field which is close to a nest... But there is just nowhere for me to hide in a hide lol I have even got down low to see what the shot could look like as the field is on a brow.

Your shot is what i would want but alot would depend on the time " where the sun would be " ? how have you tied the rabbit down

MD

It can be a lot of trouble to find a good quiet spot to do this but it's worth it I think. I put this hide up about 3-4 years ago and it's still there now.

I also have another place where a pair of Buzzards are there every day I go but as yet I haven't put a hide up. I have put a rabbit down and they come straight to it.

The rabbit has green garden string on three legs with a 6" nail on the end of each string. You need to do this as they sometimes pull the rabbit about.

An absolute superb capture Mick, and just at the point of the kill.

Best regards Paul

Fantastic picture, just reward for finding the place and setting up the hide.

Steve

Excellent, with some good light.

Brilliant shot Mick. How's things going, not seen you up at Cromford recently.

How long had you been feeding this person before he decided to land? and is your hide always there ?

Beautiful shot (y)

An absolute superb capture Mick, and just at the point of the kill.

Best regards Paul

Thank's Paul, I put the Rabbit there so it was dead already.:)

Fantastic picture, just reward for finding the place and setting up the hide.

Steve

Thank's Steve.

Another good shot Mick, i still remember seeing the first Buzzard shot you took from this hide.

Thanks Mark, that would be a long time ago.:)

Excellent, with some good light.

Thank's Les.

Cracking shot Mick, well worth the effort (y)

Thank's, I think it was worth the effort and it's one of my favourite Buzzard shot's.

Thank's Steve.

Brilliant shot Mick. How's things going, not seen you up at Cromford recently.

Thank's Lammie, missing me are you?:D I will be there next week hopefully.

How long had you been feeding this person before he decided to land? and is your hide always there ?

Beautiful shot (y)

I put a few Rabbits out for the day over a few weeks before setting up the hide. It has been there about 5 years I think. I was using film at the time and then got my first digital camera, a 20d.

For some reason they don't come down very often but I have another site where they come down almost every time I put a Rabbit out. Not bothered with a hide yet though

Cracking shot

Thank's.......

Hi Mick haven t seen your pics for a while another great buzzard shot

Thank's Kaz, I've not posted anything on here for a bit...

A striking shot :) Absolute corker!

Shot with 300mm too.. if that doesn't urge on someone to keep at it with their 'small' lens then I don't know what will!

Well done (y)

What a corker... everything els been said and more well done (y)

John

You wouldnt want to try to take that rabbit off him :puke: What an excellent shot of one of my favourite birds, thanks for sharing (y)

A stunning capture Mick, worthy of a large print imo (y)

What a corker... everything els been said and more well done (y)

John

Thank's john.

Brilliant image Mick, I just wish you would post more...

(y)

I would Liam but they start to look the same if you post too many.:)

a real catch, cracking.

Thank's..

You wouldnt want to try to take that rabbit off him :puke: What an excellent shot of one of my favourite birds, thanks for sharing (y)

Thank's Trev, one of my fav's too.

A stunning capture Mick, worthy of a large print imo (y)

Thank's.....

Back