Wild Buzzard

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
A wild Buzzard which landed close to the hide i was in.The perch was natural perch and not one which was set up( branch from an old dead tree) and not something i had control of..I thought i had posted this before but was unable to see it...

Buzzard "Buteo buteo" by markmolloy, on Flickr

That really is a belter Mark. Beautifully exposed and composed. Nice bg and the angles of the birds posture really accentuates the perch. All in all a really pleasing shot and nice to see a shot worthy of the highest praise.

great picture wether edited or not I think it is fantastic

Last edited:
Im lost-what do you mean photoshopped?Only a bit of sharpening, saturation and contrast done on this.

photoshopped is editing which you say you have done by sharpening etc. But believe me that is one of the best photos I have seen in a long time. have you thought about submitting it for a yearly calander or book on birds?

Last edited:
Quality shot Mark, everything is right. A pic that will take some beating.

Nice to see a pic of such a high standard.

I usually state my editing but unless i add or remove anything from the pic i don't say photoshopped as it can confuse like it did myself and brash..lolI thought you had saw something i hadn't in the image.All my images get edited in one way or another...To be honest i have so many buzzards and sparrow hawks now that i don't know what to do with them..lol...off to try for Goshawks in 2 weeks so thats another challenge...

Nowt wrong with that one Mark,the flow of the lines with the subject and the branch has given it a dimension we do not see that often.As mentioned, great work.

What i really like about this Mark and if I am correct and it is a Steppe Buteo is that you have pulled out the characteristics of the sub species B.B vulpinus - the smaller less plump body, longer wings and tail, red fox like colouring and pale/white colouring especially to the underparts of the tail and breast, (longer bare legs is another characteristic)
- But I could be wrong as in France the common name for Buteo Buteo is Variable Buzzard as they come in all shapes, sizes and colouring - probably never seen a species that varies so much in markings

I have only ever knowingly seen the Steppe in S Africa, never Europe

I am not a fan or some Buteo B as they can be "scruffy" ……. but this one is superb and is up their with the most attractive Raptors

It's not half bad, (!!!!), Mark and another example of the high standard of the images that you produce

Last edited:
Absolute acer! Everything else has already been said - Just excellent!

Mark this is awesome! Sometimes it's surprising what you can find in shots you have maybe overlooked before.

Back