Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
1695905053_66360c5652.jpg

1696770580_a3f7d8fbae.jpg

1695936171_f23063cfb7.jpg

Any feedback truely welcome....:)

61 views and no comments! Cheeky buggers.....

1) good, but the dark areas are a touch too dark, can't see any detail. A bit too much bland field in the foreground too. You could try cropping it to panoramic format perhaps?

2) Best of the 3 but I would've tipped the ca,era back a bit and had two thirds sky and 1 third land I think. If you cover the bottom third of the image with your hand you'll see what I mean.

3) If you'd stood on the road it would have been a better composition as the road cuts across the image at the mo.

That's what's wrong lol. What's right? you seem to be developing an eye for what makes a good landscape, just work a bit on the compositions and you'll be most of the way there.

Can you post a bit bigger in future though? it's real hard to see what exactly is going on when they're that small.

THESE LACK ANY REAL TONAL RANGE , and what there is , is a touch to far , looks like you've dodged and burned them to death a bit. imho.

THESE LACK ANY REAL TONAL RANGE , and what there is , is a touch to far , looks like you've dodged and burned them to death a bit. imho.
I aint learnt how to do that yet!! :LOL: so I know thats whats not been done.

61 views and no comments! Cheeky buggers.....

1) good, but the dark areas are a touch too dark, can't see any detail. A bit too much bland field in the foreground too. You could try cropping it to panoramic format perhaps?

2) Best of the 3 but I would've tipped the ca,era back a bit and had two thirds sky and 1 third land I think. If you cover the bottom third of the image with your hand you'll see what I mean.

3) If you'd stood on the road it would have been a better composition as the road cuts across the image at the mo.

That's what's wrong lol. What's right? you seem to be developing an eye for what makes a good landscape, just work a bit on the compositions and you'll be most of the way there.

Can you post a bit bigger in future though? it's real hard to see what exactly is going on when they're that small.

Thanks for the comments :) they were like that due to just copying the links from flickr..I'll try n post 'em bigger next time.

Hi Adele

I like them, but there doesn't seem to me to be enough balance in the tone through each of the images. The darks are dark, the lights are light - but there's very little that's clear in the mid tones.

In #1 the foreground is very prominent but then is blown out of view by the very dark contrast of the next layer of darkened foreground.

In #2 there is no contrast in any of the foreground and all the detail within it is lost

#3 may have been more interesting if the road wasn't in there.

Just some suggestions, but remember, this is only my opinion and really counts for very little.

Hi Adele

I like them, but there doesn't seem to me to be enough balance in the tone through each of the images. The darks are dark, the lights are light - but there's very little that's clear in the mid tones.

In #1 the foreground is very prominent but then is blown out of view by the very dark contrast of the next layer of darkened foreground.

In #2 there is no contrast in any of the foreground and all the detail within it is lost

#3 may have been more interesting if the road wasn't in there.

Just some suggestions, but remember, this is only my opinion and really counts for very little.

I did them like this for a comp, the blacks must be black, the whites must be white....lol.
So I went into elements, not really knowing what I was doing.....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I may have a play about later....watch this space!!!

I'm guessing you shot these in b&w mode Adele?

If so, and I don't know if this is possible on your camera, try turning the contrast down a bit. It will help the camera render more shades of grey between the absolute black and absolute whites in the image. As you learn to process your images you can add the contrast back in at a later stage......

Examples......

Low contrast settings in camera.......

lowc.jpg

and the histogram looks like this.......

lowchisto.jpg

you can see there are no ares of pure black (lhs) or white(rhs), all the tones are lumped into the middle (grey) so the image has no punch.

High contrast example.......

highc.jpg

if you look at the histogram for this one........

highchisto.jpg

you can see that the histogram is clipped at both ends, meaning there's areas of shadows and highlights with no detail at all, just pure black and white.

Yous should be aiming for something between the two.

Have a quick look around the web, there's loads of tutorials about this sort of stuff.

Thanks for than Ghandi, I didnt shoot them in BW, I changed it in elements...but im not 100% sure what Im doing in it...so I looked in my book....hahaha.
Its the local photo comp, and its monochrome COASTAL images, thats just what I was playing about with just trying to get smething to submit for my first comp....:|
Cheers...

Back