BWPA Winners

Thought a link would help.

http://www.bwpawards.org/static/2015/winner-2015.html

Some interesting choices. The winning image is interesting as it takes a double take to work out you are looking downwards. Some standard ones, some more interesting but no really 'wow' images. The starlings is quite like last years winning image. William Harvey's wide angle lizard is good, he has been working on that type of image for a while.

Some good ones there no question.
Overall winner ... not so sure but I've given up trying to understand photo competitions.

The winning entry whilst an interesting and clever point of view, looks out of focus at the resolution I have seen it at. Was shot at F5.6 so will be interesting to see it full size and see how sharp it actually is. As Rob said, no really stunning images - some I like some I dont - but that is photography for you.

I dont really 'get' the wide-angle lizard shot - the focus is great on the lizard, and I love the texture in the tree trunk, but the background on the left of the image does nothing for me.

Looking forward to seeing more of the 'highly commended' images at the awards evening on Wednesday.

There are some good shots, but as Rob says, no really WOW images.

This might just be my rather skewed view, but it's a shame that the Guides / Stalkers / Trackers don't get any recognition for the shots as well, because without these people, some of the photographers in this years competition would not have taken the winning shots that they entered.

Last edited:
IMO some better shots in the 'highly commended' section - but as I say that is just my opinion. Was impressed with the winning video 'The last seahorse of Studland' and the documentary series 'Toads on Roads'.

It is a shame the exhibition is not on longer in or around London - a week at the Mall Gallery (which is also closed on a Sunday) just isnt long enough for friends and family to get to see the exhibition.

Back