By the Riverside

Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of mine from lunch, nothing epic just favourable colour. :)

BarbedWire.jpg

Moss01.jpg

I like the comp of the first one, but the point of focus in the second needs to be closer to the camera for me. The prominent clump that extends across the frame is the obvious POF.

Arkady said:
I like the comp of the first one, but the point of focus in the second needs to be closer to the camera for me. The prominent clump that extends across the frame is the obvious POF.

Yeah the DOF was a problem with that second image, it was the best I could get from my macro funtion on my automatic compact, it's only a little Fuji bless its cotton socks.

thats the problem with compacts, not all of them will do what you want them to do, leaving you a little frustrated!

Saying that though, i've been impressed with the colours and quality it's captured over the last week, especially so when considering the limited amount of manual functions available on these models.

#5 of the latest batch would be better straightened up but I really like the composition on the last :)

Well... that patch of rust on that lump of wood really works.
The underground car-park (last one) is well concieved but the point of focus should be the pillar, not the foreground - there's nothing there to hold the eye. If you want it in focus as well, look to your DoF and work out the distances.

Earlier comments aside some good stuff here Jim - where DO you spend your lunch times ? Such a range of different shots ! :clap:

And with a diddy cam - I should be so lucky ! :getmecoat

I particularly like the interesting perspective of the pole in mud and the textured colours of the rusty wood ! :thumb:

Thanx for sharing. :smilenod:

Thanks for the comments guys, truley encouraging. These are photos taken from the riverbank running from The Deep through drypool bridge, North bridge and along Hull city centre. We've gone back there four times now, covering a chunk at a time. There's a lot to see when you take time to stop and look around, something I don't always notice when walking to work.

Arkady said:
The underground car-park (last one) is well concieved but the point of focus should be the pillar, not the foreground - there's nothing there to hold the eye. If you want it in focus as well, look to your DoF and work out the distances.

By jove you'r right old bean... I could have swore I auto focused on that pilar but I did crop a landscape image into a portrait for a better comp. There was two pillars in the shot originally so I must have cropped out the focal point by accident...:doh:

Back