C-17 Globemaster arrives at Cosford

Edit My Images
Yes
Cosford had a large visitor today to drop off an American MH53 helicopter stowed in the cargo bay. This is going to be a new attraction in the National Cold War Museum next Spring. The C-17 is the largest aircraft ever to land on Cosford's short runway but made easy work of it!

Tim

_MG_0018wtmk-1.jpg

_MG_0021wtmk-2.jpg

_MG_0027wtmk-1.jpg

_MG_0028wtmk.jpg

_MG_0039wtmk.jpg

nice shots i saw this on the news tonight .. i did wonder if anyone on here ould have any shots..

glad to see i was not dissapointed..

md(y)

I've seen the C17s many times, mainly going out of RAF Mildenhall....I've also missed shots of them taking off because it has taken off in such a short distance, I wouldn't have thought it possible!

If they're empty, I've seen them up in around 10 seconds from standing...awesome machines! :)

Very short take off video

Very short landing video

Lovely shots...2 and 3 are my favs :)

Saw one at Farnborough this year and the way they take off is amazing with such a steep rate of assent. Always makes me wonder how they manage to do it really.

Thanks for sharing these pics. I work right next to the Air Base and had my camera with me in readiness but was that busy at work I completely forgot all about it, and it wasn't until I heard it take off that I realised that it was too late!!

great shot Tim, I've been to Cosford a few times when I was younger but never observed much activity, Nice to see some big stuff landing there :-D

Back