C41 medium format

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

It's been ages since I've posted on here (bloody work!)

I've got some black and white pics to post at some point when i get round to scanning them.

Anyway, I'm after some advice on getting medium format print film processed but not sure where to get it done. I'd like to drop it off at Wilkinsons or Jessops etc. Would the normal 'in shop' processor machine do C41 120 film? This is the film:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5738

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Gary

I think Wilkinson or Jessops would be highly likely to just send it elsewhere for processing anyway, with probably about a 2 week turn around.

Most minilab C41 processing machines can handle 120 film. You need dedicated cassettes (and someone who knows how to load the film:)).
However most minilab printing machines need (very expensive) extra lenses and negative carriers which the minilab operators choose not to buy (understandably as 120 is a small market because most 120 users use the prolabs).
So, as they don't offer a printing service, some minilab operators don't handle 120 even though they could theoretically do "process only".

Have you tried to do it yourself, it's quite easy really. Once you have made the initial purchase of a suitable tank (jobo one is better than paterson) and a light changing bag you can by a kit of C41 chemicals from Jesssops, just spin the jobo tank in a washing up bowl of 40 degree water. there are only 2 chemical stages required, developer and bleach, and wash between the dev & bleach for consistency.

Used to be pre-wet, dev, wash, wash, bleach, wash, wash, wash, wash, wash, wash, photoflo wash aid, hang to dry!

C41 developing does sound interesting, I can see E6 facilities getting fewer and more expensive.

So what C41 film recommendations are there for landscape (saturated colours)?

Back