cable release

Bob

Name
Faithless
Edit My Images
No
I have been given a cable release but I dont know what it is or what I would use it for? can anyone advice please
Bob:shrug:

Self portraits all the way Bob (y)

Mainly used for when you really need to ensure your camera is rock steady for landscapes, long exposures, etc. Set your camera up on a tripod, enable mirror lock up, click once on the cable release to raise the mirror & again to take the image - as you have not touched the camera, chances of vibrations are vastly minimised.
It plugs into the side of your camera (do make sure it is a compatible one though first)
It should also allow you to half press the button to autofocus & possibly slide the button down & upwards to lock for long exposures (dependant on model).

Also useful for when you are trying to photograph skittish animals (providing the cable is long enough) you can set up the camera & then move away to hide, pressing the button to capture the image without startling the subject.

Hope that helps (y)

Cheers for that moomike I will check it out to see if it is compatible for my camera
By the way it is only a short lead 12 inches so not much chance of hiding from animals
Bob

Back