Review Cactus V4 wireless flash triggers

Name
Nathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is my review of the cactus v4 wireless flash triggers!

cactus v4 trigger and recevier by nlindley777, on Flickr

I bought the cactus v4 wireless trigger set, from a recomendation from what didgital camera mag.
I wanted a cheap system that was small and had decent range. I was previously using nikons cls system to trigger my sb900 and sb700, (Witch works great in my eye)
The only downfall was that it is line of site, i found my self using light positions that wernt line of site, so thought it was time to invest in some wirless triggers.
I did not wont to spend lots on poket wizards, just wanted somthing that would trigger my flashes in manual mode!

I did some research and found these: the set i bought was the trigger and one receiver combo.
In the box came:
.Trigger
.receiver
.X2 aaa batters for the receiver
.X3 differnt sync cables
.users manual
.book containing differt exsamples

It was brand new and cost me 25 english pounds! (yes i know best thing about these are the price)

Now dont go thinking that they are worthless junk and dont work because there cheap!
They are realy well built and realy strong! The trigger witch fits on the camera dos not need any batterys.
The reciver uses X2 aaa batterys witch is excellent rather than using some kind of very strange battery that u can never find in the shops!

The recevier also has a tripod mount and pc sync connecter. also can be used as a little stand with its little feet.
It has a on and off switch so not using the batter up all the time also little switches to selct the channels

The trigger has a screw so that u can tighten it up on the hotsheo also a testfire botton. It has a arial that u can leave up or down (i leave mine down as i have had no problems)

The range is 30ft but during testing i was triggering the flash up to 40-50ft with no problems!
Its has 16 channels that u can select.

VERDICT:
They are Excellent triggers that are a cheap alternative to poket wizards and work excellent with no missfires.
They will apper to people starting out in flash or even pros who want and need a cheap alternative with excellet quality!

Cactus now also sell cactus v5s that are all in one! the trigger can also be used as a recver so u dont have lots of differnt things in ** bag taking up space. the only reason i did not go for these is because ther are quite large and wanted somthing small.
I like these trigger that much i have gone on to buy a second reciver!

PRO'S:
.cheap alternative to other triggers
.small and well built
.range 30-50ft (depending on location)
.realy easy to use
. aaa batterys (rather than horride ones u carnt find lol)

CONS:
.dosent work with ttl (but urll have to pay lots of money for that lol)
. large flashs (sb900) tend to toppel over when on uneven surface. when using receiver as stand!

PLEASE VISIT FOR A VIDEO REVIEW ON THESE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHoQHrrAri4

I think only gadgetinfinity sell them, that's where I got mine from. They are Hong Kong based so you will also get slapped for customs charges.

Love mine though, work brilliantly.

Back