Cad - 16th June - Part One

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

Absolutely sensational day in the loop yesterday, both aircraft and weatherwise - brilliant - to coin a phrase from the Neils - AV IT :woot:!

A quick count of the passes exceeded 25 and given that at least 3 GR4's, a GR9, a C130 and countless Hawks came out of the Bwlch and headed off to Bala the total could have easily hit 50+.

I've split the post into two with a few I've looked so far, hope you enjoy.

_MG_2911.jpg

_MG_2961.jpg

_MG_2973.jpg

_MG_3176.jpg

_MG_3199.jpg

_MG_3235.jpg

_MG_3240.jpg

Amazing Steve, Looks like you had a fantastic day - number 5 for me without a doubt - superb!

Lucky sod :razz:

There are some fantastic shots, not sure if it's keeping my chin up knowing I've got this to look forward to, or getting me more fed up cos I got bugger all :LOL:

Some really nice photos, (y)

Wonderful shots, so sharp with great detail. Number 5 is a fav. but no.3 blew me away. Am I right, it looks like the navigator is looking in your direction and even bringing his hand up in recognition, if he is, how does he have time to do that.
Excelent pictures, thanks for sharing.
Trev

Wonderful shots, so sharp with great detail. Number 5 is a fav. but no.3 blew me away. Am I right, it looks like the navigator is looking in your direction and even bringing his hand up in recognition, if he is, how does he have time to do that.
Excelent pictures, thanks for sharing.
Trev

Cheers :).

If you look closely at the Harrier pilot in #4 you'll notice he's "avin a gander" at us also and he's driving! Waves are a regular occurence :wave:.

Yes, I hadnt spotted that, its amazing they have time to look around at specators and togs. Having seen these pics, I am envious and want to find a good location and give it a go, Wales isnt that far from me so it could be an interesting day out.
Thanks again.
Trev

Cheers :).

If you look closely at the Harrier pilot in #4 you'll notice he's "avin a gander" at us also and he's driving! Waves are a regular occurence :wave:.

Excellent set! You did both sides in one day then? I've not tried that before. I usually do west on my first day and east the second. It makes sense to do both on the same day really. Move with the sun. East in the morning and then west.
I'd be worried about missing shots whilst getting across though! :D
Just booked the hotel for my next trip! :woot: September 2/3/4th! :woot:

Kev.

Excellent set! You did both sides in one day then? I've not tried that before. I usually do west on my first day and east the second. It makes sense to do both on the same day really. Move with the sun. East in the morning and then west.
I'd be worried about missing shots whilst getting across though! :D
Just booked the hotel for my next trip! :woot: September 2/3/4th! :woot:

Kev.

Hi Kev.

Your right, move with the sun, but it don't half tell on the legs :eek:.

We timed it perfectly setting off across catching the F15's before getting too low and arriving at the top of CW in time for the GR4s only missing one Hawk in between!

Where you staying in Sept, Red Lion?

Hi Kev.

Your right, move with the sun, but it don't half tell on the legs :eek:.

We timed it perfectly setting off across catching the F15's before getting too low and arriving at the top of CW in time for the GR4s only missing one Hawk in between!

Where you staying in Sept, Red Lion?

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: I nearly couldn't walk on the saturday morning. :eek: My legs had a mind of their own! :D
I'm staying at the Buckley Pines again. Keith and Gay are good fun. We usually get Keith blathered. :D

Kev.

Amazing shots.
How can you take them as seems like you are at the same level as the planes

Amazing shots.
How can you take them as seems like you are at the same level as the planes

In it's simplest terms climb high, shoot low!

Check out the lowfly websites for locations, if you need links PM me (y).

Awesome. I was in Snowdonia afew weeks ago. You could hear the jets all day long. Can't belive I didn't go to have a proper look.

Back