Cad West - My First Visit

BOM

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello guys,

Went to Cad West with Digitall today, what a glorious day we had (despite my numpty navigating and missing our meeting point), the weather was superb.

I would have posted earlier but I had to remove a tick! And I thought Digitall was teasing!

Heres my pick of the day:

You only get an oooh with Typoooo....n (Is that original enough Al?):D
cadwest800--1.jpg

Some Tornados
cadwest800--2.jpg

cadwest800--3.jpg

Some upside down(ish) Tornado fluff
cadwest800--4.jpg

Sharpest of my day I think
cadwest800--5.jpg

I am absolutely chuffed with my first attempts, on the originals you can read the Fragile warning sign on the Typhoons back and the "No Step" sign on the bombs :D

Thanks for an excellent, day Digitall, cant wait to go again...... with tick deterrant though :LOL:

BOM.

Last edited:
You've got some great shots for your first visit, the last one stands out. Now your addicted to the loop!

A very nice set there. You did great! Its nice to see how the colours have changed now on the hills. Lovely!
You might want to look at the title of number 4 again. ;)
You do realise that Allan brings his pet ticks with him for newcomers don't you? :LOL:
Best give him it back for the next victim...
Hopefully see you up there one day.

Kev.

Cracking stuff the fluff and vapour ribbons really do add to the images, looks like you picked a good day for your 1st visit. Have you come down for the buzz yet? ;)

Cheers guys, I had a great day.

Not bad for a beginner with what appeared to be one of the smallest lenses on the mountain :D

I now want to spend silly money on a faster lens!

Thanks for all the comments guys, I definitely have the buzz, I cant wait to do it again but only have 3 days holiday left for this year!

When will they stop flying this year? I've got the Monday and Friday off around Halloween and two weeks off over christmas :D

As far as i know, the raf dont have a close season apart from public/bank holidays etc. stands by to be corrected

Only times I am aware of that theres no low flying is bank hols and weekends. But I dout there would be anything threw over the xmas and new year weeks.

Watch those ticks. Once got bitten walking in heather and a sore developed which took weeks to heal.merv:help::help:

All these pics on here make me sooo jealous, I'm going to have to get up there sometime with my friend. Then hopefully I'll be able to post my "My first visit.." thread! :LOL:

Back