Cad West

Edit My Images
Yes
As asked for in another thread here are some photos from Cad West yesterday.

Still not quite got the hang of panning at the speeds these guys blast through so most of my shots were a bit :puke:

We'll start with the best one, the Harrier, which definitely got the "I'm a sneeky git" award of the day by coming in so low that he was nearly on us when I spotted him, queue everyone having a mad dash for cameras, I wasn't really ready for him even though I'd been waiting for 30 minutes since the last Hawks

Then the obligatory Hawks which I still love, just wish they wouldn't group in 2's so tightly so I can have a fighting chance of getting the tail jet.

A few of the Hawks were Navy ones who decided to be unsportsmanlike and not take the usual route through the valley and Cad West, so it's their tough luck we didn't get that many good shots of them.

If anyone has a better shot of them I wouldn't mind knowing what was on the piece of paper he was holding, my shots aren't good enough to see.

Finally a great view from Cad West towards Dolgellau, it was a quiet afternoon so risked changing lenses for this one.

More photos from Cad West on my flickr set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kozicka/sets/72157623781520169/

Constructive criticism welcomed, I'm using a D90 and a Sigma 70-300mm APO DG lens, obviously not the fastest lens in the world but I wanted to see if I enjoy these types of shots first before investing in better glass (needless to say I am and I will!). I'm not sure if my panning technique needs working on or it's the lens although it has produced fairly sharp photos in other uses at 200mm+.

PS. Didnt get the guys name with the black labrador who was up on Friday, just glad I managed to keep the sandwiches out of reach :D

Nice set. Looked a your flickr ones as well, pity you did not drop the shutter speed for the c130 that came threw. Think the landscape ones looking towards Bala, with Dolgellau to the left, and Bwlch to the right. But that is a nice landscape as well.

Nice set. Looked a your flickr ones as well, pity you did not drop the shutter speed for the c130 that came threw. Think the landscape ones looking towards Bala, with Dolgellau to the left, and Bwlch to the right. But that is a nice landscape as well.

Thanks for taking a look, yes you are right on the Herc, a bit annoyed with myself but it was my first time up and I'd literally just enough time to grab the camera after I'd got up, all the settings you tell yourself to remember went out the window when they come at you :D

I've been lucky with the weather so far on my two trips up, itching to get back for a couple of days this time to get some more practice in.

Liking # 1 esp if it was very short notice shot (y)

Last one of the view is nice - I'm thinking of taking my old camera as a 2nd body next time I go out, for shots like this -> knowing my luck if I didn't as soon as I change the lens, they'd all come

Thanks :) Yep he got everyone by surprise which was a shame really as it was my first Harrier and he didn't come back round again.

I was hoping I wouldn't get caught out with the 18-105 on but got lucky as it was fairly quiet, definitely worth taking another camera, this shot doesn't really do it justice with the clouds rolling by.

Back