Cadwell BSB Saturday

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
The 2nd and 3rd for me Kev out of a very nice set, excellent results from the new kit.(y)

Not bad Kev, especially given the lack of experience with the new gear. I'd suggest you take a look at Neil's thread for some ideas about how best to approach the angles though, yours aren't bad but could be improved on. Selective colour isn't for me... But yea beauty in the eye and all that, I'd say 6 is the better of the set, but 2 and 3 are not bad either... If you haven't used a FF before it can be a little weird adjusting to reach and framing, moving up from a crop (not sure if that's what you've done or not), I think you could get more out of the images too given the body (not sure as looking on iPad) but some of them look a bit flat and washed out. Just trying to be helpful :)

Not bad Kev, especially given the lack of experience with the new gear. I'd suggest you take a look at Neil's thread for some ideas about how best to approach the angles though, yours aren't bad but could be improved on. Selective colour isn't for me... But yea beauty in the eye and all that, I'd say 6 is the better of the set, but 2 and 3 are not bad either... If you haven't used a FF before it can be a little weird adjusting to reach and framing, moving up from a crop (not sure if that's what you've done or not), I think you could get more out of the images too given the body (not sure as looking on iPad) but some of them look a bit flat and washed out. Just trying to be helpful :)
Thanks. This is the first time using a ff camera I have gone from the d7000 due to helping my son out with a new camera .... He's a lucky boy. I totally agree with your comments I've had a look at Neil's photos and they have the impact I wanted. I was struggling to get close to the corners with the lens I was using I'd love to get a shot of a oncoming bike with the reflection of the edge of the track in the visor but need a longer lens I think. Was looking at a sigma 150-500 ??? Comments or recommendations please. Also I think the mountain shots the bikes are not isolated from the background enough. Overall I'm pleased with my first go at Motorsport with this camera and think I've had a better hit rate so hopefully I can sort my composition out to get the shots I really want. Thank you for your feedback it's appreciated.

It's all good :) I don't know about Nikon lenses to be honest, the loss of reach with FF is a pain and is infinitely more expensive :( if you want to get better isolation you're gonna need a wide aperture but to get that along with reach is going to rip your bank account in half... Canon do a 400 f5.6 that as far as I know Nikon or signs don't do... Your option is a 300 2.8 or a 400 f4 ... Not cheap either way, smaller circuits like this 300 should be ok... Ss and don will need a tc... I'd avoid the sig 150-500, IQ isn't great from what I've seen and with the body you're using iffy glass is just a waste... Sigma 120-300 f2.8 used is probably best choice

Thanks Jonathan, I looked at the sigma 120-300 f2.8 but big money. Also looking at the nikon 80-400 but need some feedback as to if this would be a good lens to replace the 70-200. Any thoughts??.

Not easy at times with FF to get the reach you sometimes need, but once you've nailed the focus I find you can crop quite close if needed. Of these the last one has the most impact with punchier colours. No knowledge of Nikon so cant help with the kit advice I'm afraid Kev.

Back