cadwell park advice + pics request

Edit My Images
No
Hello all,

I am heading to my local track Cadwell this weekend, i am often down there practicing photography but very rarely coem away with a "wow" photo (perhaps too criticle) was wondering if people could post up photos etc, its for a race meet and i am specifically shooting one rider in a single race.

therefore i thought about starting at the bends before the mountain and working round towards the paddock end etc... should get most action, i think will be opting for shutter pritority on this occasion but any advice and exampels would be cool, will post previous pictures up soon

kit will be D300, 70-300 vr , and 50mm 1.4 for pit photos etc. with the potential of a 70-200mm F2.8

Any help would be great

Thanks, Rich

I'm there on saturday rich. As for advice i'm not sure i would class myself as good enough to offer advice. But I too will be shooting shutter priority too.

I normally shoot at the mountain and also around hall bends. I have also had some good results around coppice also, although you have to be really quick to catch them.

Here is a map for ya so you know where im on about.

cadwell_park.gif

If you spot me i'll be the mid twenties lad with a Nikon D50 and lowerpro backpack. Feel free to come and say hello. I'll keep my eyes open for you. I will be with another lad shooting so if you let us know which rider your shooting i'll forward you on any good shots we get!

For examples of cadwell take a look at my website.

www.ultimate-exposure.co.uk

These were from last weekend:

Mountain Grandstand (bottom step far right hand side)
670166193_Z7Th3-L-1.jpg

Hall Bends
670183033_jU5pB-L-1.jpg

Mountain in (near to the crossing point/gate)
670270194_6vUcL-L.jpg

Mountain bottom
670265831_LaThB-L.jpg

Coppice
670257799_5mT2L-L.jpg

Park Straight
670274770_rjqt5-L.jpg

hope they help on giving you some ideas!?

RAB 34 wow!!

what lens etc have you shot those with they are by far some of the sharpest shots ive seen... care to give away some tactics ? ;) definately gives me inspiration.

I will be there sunday i think but i think its a 2 day event this weekend, i will be photographin "old birds racing" i believe is the team name. i know they have an NC30 but i dont know what they will be using or if they are there for the Saturday, if you see them about can you snap a couple of shots incase i mess up lol, im early 20s will be with my old man, his greying beard will make him more distinc than me lol

Those are pin sharp Rab34. Were those taken on the D200? I might have to give this type of shooting a go - the results look great!

thanks for the compliments! :)

yes, its a D200 with F2.8 70-200 lens.

as for advice...Last weekend the sun was in and out all day but stayed low. In the morning I started at hall bends in the shade of the trees, move round to the grandstand and mountain bottom area. I drove the car round to Charlies at lunch and walked to coppice..back to charlies in and Charlies out. The by car stopping at Park straight, gooseneck and Mansfield. You'll be spoilt for choice though, Cadwell must be one of the best circuits to have a camera!!

I'm off to Oulton tomorrow for the BSB and will no doubt be given jobs to do round the house on Sunday as punishment :LOL: so sadly i'm not likley to be going.

they are great shots, i borrowed a d200 for some plane photography in wales and wasnt too impressed, found the ISO to be noisy above 400, but those shots show it must be the user :p

yer with livign about 15 mins away from it , probably dotn apreciate it, but its one of those places i never seem happy with my shots from there.

RAB34, wow, I use the same camera and the same lens at the same track and never got anywhere near as sharp as that, fair play (y) I love been down at coppice, such a massive variety of shots available as you can just reach them returning to the mountain for some fast pans also.

Did anybody manage to get any pics of bike 49 - red and white yamaha from the classic bike day at cadwell ?

Back