Caister sea defences.

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, with some help from fellow yogs on here finally found the sea defences near Great Yarmouth. The second time i went to shoot them it was a light rain, by the time i had walked from my caravan over a couple of miles to the location it was chucking it down and i fell down, the result a broken finger which i didn't know at the time. Never giving in i ploughed on, the only fool strolling along the empty beach all in aid of getting a photo. Just thought i'll share with you, least my camera never broke

Attachments

• Zig-Zag.jpg
    Zig-Zag.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0627-2-Edit-Edit.jpg
    DSC_0627-2-Edit-Edit.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 44
The second one is definitely the best of the two. The composition in the first doesn't work for me.

Nice tones, and mono was definitely the right choice here.

Silky water shots aren't my thing but I hope and can still appreciate a well done one and that leads me to say that I do like them both but maybe the first would be my choice if I had to choose because it's got some water movement in it.

Lovely pictures and well done Paul :D

Thank you both for your words. It's my camera club monochrome competition on monday night and it's a toss up between the two shots im entering with 2 other older shots already submitted. Thanks for taking the time to give me a headache.

Glad you found them but sorry to hear about the broken finger (hopefully not the index finger on the right hand). Is the pill box still visible on the beach? There was only around half of it sticking above the sand when I went many years ago.

Back