Calanais, isle of Lewis.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Work took me to the isle of Lewis recently, the weather was STUNNING! My last night there I managed to po pup to Calanais after work.

So naturally, the haar came down and what I had envisaged as a nice sunset among the stones disspeared in the clag.

But I was there, a place I have never been and a place I have often wanted to visit. So I had a wander among the old stones and made the best of it.

The b&w coversion and manipulation in SilverEfex brings some life back to what the camera saw as beyond drab.

Calanis005.jpg

Calanis007.jpg

Calanis008.jpg

Nice series Pete, well done. It can be a challenge to photograph the standing stones when the weather is good and there's more people milling about than stones!
Of the three images my favourite is the second one.

Nice series Pete, well done. It can be a challenge to photograph the standing stones when the weather is good and there's more people milling about than stones!
Of the three images my favourite is the second one.
That's a good point!

I'm a sucker for standing stones, the better known circles are a magnet for tourists, and why not?
But you are spot on, makes it really hard to get images of the stones alone.

I was lucky that day in that respect, there was me and another couple of people. If wager earlier in the day when it was blur sky and 20c the place was absolutely heaving.

Reactions: ST1
Back