Caledonian Canal Canoe Trip

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Got back from canoeing the Caledonian Canal Yesterday and have uploaded the pics I took. No PP done on them yet.

Some of the photo`s where taken whilst the camera was in a waterproof bag and others have dirt on the lens which I`m going to need to remove.

All taken using the standard kit lens.

C+C appreciated.

canoetrip004.jpg

Inverness - Muir town marina. This was our first camp but actually the end place.

canoetrip032.jpg

Part of the Fairy forest on the banks of Loch lochy. Loads of pictures in the gallery from here. All done with relatively long exposures.

canoetrip084.jpg

Fort Agustus Locks at night.

canoetrip090.jpg

Loch Ness from Fort augustus.

canoetrip099.jpg

The waterfall at foyer. A lot of spray caused spots on the camera lens 1/4 second Exposure in an attempt to get the water looking like its moving.

canoetrip101.jpg

Pictures of Eilean Donan Castle. The castle from Highlander.

I think they look better than the last photo`s I uploaded. i`ve started using pattern metering mode instead of spot metering so shouldnt be as over/under exposed as before. I`ve also tried to get the pictures a bit more level.

All pics can be found here http://www.enraged-baboon.com/v/great_glen/

I'd guess you are a bit short on replies as you have posted too many pictures for detailed critique. It takes a lot of effort to go into detail on 6 pictures.

1st one is OK but cutting the reflections spoils it
2nd is kind of surreal so not bad at all :)
3rd just looks blurry
4th is a bit bleak and lacks interest
5th is a picture of some fence with something behind it
6th is nice but think there may have been a better angle to use the leading lines more.

THanks for the feedback :)

PRoblem with the first one is from where I was I couldnt get much more of the reflection in because of the bank.

for the 6th there was a ticket off at the end of the bridge which I didnt want to get in shot.

Back