Calendars

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Hello.

Righto, I'm a staff member on another forum and we want to get some calendars made up for the members for next year. We will have all our own pics to put on etc... and I want to know if you guys and girls know any good companies to get them made by.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

you need to say the numbers you are hoping to do - as this makes a huge difference to the way they'd be printed - and hence the cost. Also, one photo per month - so 12 pages plus cover - or two or three months per page?
Size.
Once you've worked that out - then you can get a better idea....

We want a 2/3 photos a month on one page (so 12 pages plus cover). I'd say numbers would be in the range from 100-300.

Not sure on size, around A3 size? (the normal kind of calendars you see in shops) possibly a little smaller, maybe even square. Ideally we'd like to look at some design examples and chose what we like.

Thanks for helping with the info :)

If you keep to A3 it will cost the same or less than 12x12.

On the production side you're probably best to look at companies that will print with a good xerox machine - on the size of run you're looking at - assuming you are going to design it yourselves and give the file ready to run.... I can't see you'll get a price much under £10 per copy - but it shouldn't go much over £16 - and not much difference on the size of run you're doing.

On photographic paper there's a number of places that will print 12x16 at £1.20 or so per print - and some can do calendar binding. You would get the 12x12 a bit cheaper - as photo paper comes in 12" rolls. You might find some discount as 100 calendars would need 1200 or 1300 prints (which is a decent quantity by lab standards). One of the plus points on photo paper is that the image can go over the edge (called bleed by printers) so the paper doesn't need trimmed - however - its hard to write on photo paper, so the design would be best where you don't have areas for people to write!

Don't forget you'll need a good stiff envelope to put them in too.

As for design you might be best to chat with a designer to make up templates - best to look at loads of calendars and then show them (or your friendly lab)

Thank you very much for your help David. I will keep it all in mind and see what I can do :D

forgot to say there's an online printer in italy that does good prices - pixart - a good starting point for digital ink printing

Back