Calibrating Macbook and 2nd Display

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I am using a macbook pro with and 2nd monitor (apple 23" cinema HD). I have tried using a Pantone Huey Pro to calibrate the monitors, but it doesn't seem to work. Even after i have run the tool, the images look very different on each display. I have (at least i think i have) changed the colour profile on each to be the same (adobe RGB) for testing purposes and still see a difference in the two displays, its driving me mad as i dont know which one is correct.:shake:

Can someone please help?

i'm not sure if the Huey enables 2 diffrent profiles to be made and matched for output.
you need software that enables the calibration of 2 monitors, x-rites eye-one display 2 calibration tool and software should do it but i found it wasnt satifactory.
I ended up with some software called Coloreyes Display Pro, and it works fantastic much better than anything else i have tried as it matches the profiles it makes for each monitor to ensure a perfect match.
I use it on a Mac with a 30" + 23" ACD HD.

my small review can be found HERE

Huey Pro does support multiple monitors - you just drag the window onto the monitor you want to calibrate. It works fine for me on Windows but I can't offer any advice as to how to get it work on a Mac, sorry :(

Thanks MHO, i have had a look on the website and looks like an impressive bit of software, i dont think it actually supports the Huey Pro though. I may have to join the queue for Canon Bobs Spyder.

PXL8, thanks for the advice. I have actually tried this, but for some reason, the profiles just dont look the same.

just a word of warning the spyder series apart from the spyder 3 (which is new out) are renound for having sensors that are out of tolerance, the result of this is the tolerance is such that it can affect the profiles so that when read they are not as good as they should be, Spyder addressed this issue by bringing out the spyder 3 range with better tolerance on the sensors.

Back