California 2012 Roadtrip

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
So myself and my wife are currently on a Californian roadtrip taking in Yosemite, SanFran, Napa Valley, Monterey, Pismo and LA....I will add some of the pics as we go through but here are some of our first stop at Yosemite

Thanks for looking

Yosemite Valley

Untitled by Fullfast, on Flickr

Mariposa Grove Giant Sequoia

Giant Sequoia by Fullfast, on Flickr

Dry Yosemite River Bed

Dry river bed by Fullfast, on Flickr

El Capitan from Yosemite Valley floor

El Capitan by Fullfast, on Flickr

B&W Giant Sequoia

Mariposa Grove 1 by Fullfast, on Flickr

You looking at El Capitan as a blank canvas for future art work? very jealous btw

great shots simon,did you get over to alcatraz,was there last year,amazing.vegas is out of this world,have a great time,

You're inmy favourite part of the world. I lived out there for a short time. Good call on going to Yosemite now as give it a few weeks and Tioga Pass will be closed for 6-ish months (if that's the way you went in!). The only down side to going at this time of year is that the waterfalls lack the waterflow to be very impressive and indeed some of them may have been completely dry. You got some lovely images though. The first, from Tunnel View is especially iconic.

Those shuttle shots are amazing...a once in a lifelime opportunity and I'm very envious!

Thanks for all of the comments guys.....appreciate them all.....need to do some pp on some of the others I have but very happy with the new P&S Sony......Yes we did manage to get out to Alcatraz and do the nighttime tour.......one of the strangest feelings I had was standing in the solitary confinement cell, closing my eyes and listening to the commentary and then opening them again.....very strange feeling....only problem was....had the camera on and using for most of the day so ran out of battery halfway across.....AAARRRGGGGHHH so only had iPhone with me so I will post some of them

I think the Space Shuttle over Alcatraz is a fantastic image (even better when you've straightened out the sea :) ).....and one never to be repeated. Just think how few people in the world will ever have that shot!!

Love them all! I did the same road trip 20 years when all I had was a point'n'shoot, seeing these reminds me that I must go back and do it all again. Amazing luck with the shuttle and good captures.

Back