Callin' All Wordpress & JS Shadowbox Wizards!

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
Hullooo,

Basically, the chap who was doing my new site = couldn't anymore, so muggins the web monkey has had to climb into the driving seat and commence bodgin things up.

I've used wordpress with manifest as a theme and slideshow pro for my galleries. JS shadow box is the method of embedding flash content.

I have a few niggles, one being that the small 'X' at the bottom right hand corner of the gallery viewer is white :bang: making it totally invisible.
I can't find a way of changing it to black, so the only way of exiting the galleries is by hitting 'ESC'. :wacky:

If anyone knows JS shadow box at all and knows what apart of the code can effect that 'X' close tab doodad, I'd be eternally grateful ;)

Here's the linkage

www.twphoto.fi

Cheers f'lookin (y)

T.

I know my broadband isn't fast but that's taking ages to load for me Tomas

I know my broadband isn't fast but that's taking ages to load for me Tomas

Cheers Chivers, I'm unsure what to do about that to be fair :thinking: Our net speed is terrible and even after a cleared cache I get around 2 seconds before the gallery loads :thinking:

The front page loads quick but after that it takes ages for me.

What size files are the photographs ?

The front page loads quick but after that it takes ages for me.

What size files are the photographs ?

They should have been around 400-600K but it appears that the metadata has not been stripped upon export so some are nearly 1MB :eek:

Cheers for the ooglin, I'm on that now..

Anyway, back to the original query....

Do you get a few configurable options for the shadow box?
I have never used Wordpress but In joomla you can choose difefrent styles?

Yep but nothing that allows the change of the 'X' to close gallery. It's sooo silly.

There was also this very annoying black 1px stroke that I had to get rid of in the CSS style sheet, I initially thought that I could change the X there but no joy. :(

Yep but nothing that allows the change of the 'X' to close gallery. It's sooo silly.

There was also this very annoying black 1px stroke that I had to get rid of in the CSS style sheet, I initially thought that I could change the X there but no joy. :(

look in the image folder of the plugin
Im wondering if the X is an image, not a text?

I reckon 250k is on the large size. I'm not sure how true it is - but I alway worked on the theory that if a page takes more then 10 seconds to load people will go elsewhere

Hugh

Well my average size on my previous site was between 350K and 500K and all loaded fast enough, average was 3 secs for a gallery on a USB modem.

An 800px image (forum posting limit), is roughly the same, mine are all around 650K on my flickr too.

I would like to have your sites babies, I run wordpress and it look carp in comparison :(

x is black for me on the white bg ;)

so thats shadow box, I might go have a looksie as I need a gallery for my port on mine

kinda tempted to steal the behind the scenes set too :p

Site is running fine for me here and X is visible, not having any lag with the loading of images and I am in the sticks with a 3meg connection if that.

Nigel

I would like to have your sites babies, I run wordpress and it look carp in comparison :(

x is black for me on the white bg ;)

so thats shadow box, I might go have a looksie as I need a gallery for my port on mine

kinda tempted to steal the behind the scenes set too :p

Ha ha, cheers mate, hows the load speed for you?

BTW Dave, the galleries are built in Slideshow pro for Lightroom, shadow box is just the method of displaying them on the page ;)

I'm hoping that the LR3 upgrade will allow more options for a resize to browser doodad, the current ones totally carp up the quality of the pics :thumbsdown:

Site is running fine for me here and X is visible, not having any lag with the loading of images and I am in the sticks with a 3meg connection if that.

Nigel

Ta Nigel mate,

Im just on skype to my Brother and me Dad and they too have a nippy loading time, 2 secs before an image pops up (y)

real quick, but I'm on the uni connection atm.....

cheers for that, gotta do some proper hunting and experimenting

the import stuff has been redesigned so hopefully so has export

When the slideshow is working your surname is half obscured by it at the top.
Maybe you could take some pixels off the photobox so your name is clear all the time.

Or stick some line breaks in there.

Loving the site!

When the slideshow is working your surname is half obscured by it at the top.
Maybe you could take some pixels off the photobox so your name is clear all the time.

Or stick some line breaks in there.

Loving the site!

Cheers Marcus, I'll look into that. It does appear that if your viewing on either a smaller screen or a space hungry browser like chrome, then the gallery loader will obscure parts of the page.

I'll look into it, after a whisky and a good nights rest :LOL:

Looks really nice, and I had no problems with loading speed.... the first thing that caught my eye though was the fact the TOMAS wasn't centred above the WHITEHOUSE!

Looks really nice, and I had no problems with loading speed.... the first thing that caught my eye though was the fact the TOMAS wasn't centred above the WHITEHOUSE!

Cheers (y)

All being well, should look like this:

20100322-d4r2fn5bnuwr7nd3x1m9uup762.jpg

Back