Calling all Canon 500mm F4 users

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
Yes
I am mulling over getting the circular polarizer drop in filter, Is it worth the money or is it better to just Element or photoshop the effect, If you know what i mean? That way i don't sacrifice shutter speed which happens using the polarizers :)

I am mulling over getting the circular polarizer drop in filter, Is it worth the money or is it better to just Element or photoshop the effect, If you know what i mean? That way i don't sacrifice shutter speed which happens using the polarizers :)
You just reminded me that I have one lol, not even tried it out yet but I got it for the power boat racing. sun is out today so I will have to give it a go.

As Paul has said, use it when photographing water, mine lives in my 600mm for surfing shoots, never comes out.

Worth repeating, because many people seem to be ignorant of this.

Sorry Stewart, While some aspects of this are correct i don't entirely agree with you. It depends on what effect you want from the polarizer. If you want to stop reflection on water then yes photoshop can't do this however if you want deep blue sky which is ALSO what a polarizer is used for as well as to saturate colours then yes photoshop can indeed replicate this.
Sorry for being ignorant!!!

Sorry Stewart, While some aspects of this are correct i don't entirely agree with you. It depends on what effect you want from the polarizer. If you want to stop reflection on water then yes photoshop can't do this however if you want deep blue sky which is ALSO what a polarizer is used for as well as to saturate colours then yes photoshop can indeed replicate this.

If you read my post in full you will see that is what I said, it was only a part quote

Well, if you think you can get the same effect without the filter then its not worth it to you. I haven't found a way to get the same level of rich colours as a polariser in post processing.

If you wanted to have a look at one sometime, I'm over near Ipswich about once a week.

Paul

Agreed.

Back