Calling all Super Paxette owners.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a Braun Super Paxette which seems to be working in all areas except that the wind on lever doesn't spring back.

I've taken the wind on mechanism apart and there doesn't seem to be any spring and I can't work out where one would fit if there was one.

I've looked on t'interweb but can't find an exploded view of the mechanism so I can't work out what's missing and how it should all fit together. If you've got a Super Paxette with a fully functioning wind on lever and wouldn't mind taking it apart and taking some pictures that would be really useful.

Failing that it will have to go on Ebay.

Is it failing to return on the first advance or the second? I'm not faliliar with the camera but the double-advance seems to be an interesting feature from the sites I've read.

Is it failing to return on the first advance or the second? I'm not faliliar with the camera but the double-advance seems to be an interesting feature from the sites I've read.

It's not returning at all, I think there must be a spring missing. I suspect someone has tried to fix it at some time and lost the spring and probably fitted the winder mechanism all wrong as well.

Send a PM to Ped, he's got one for certain.

Send a PM to Ped, he's got one for certain.

I know Kev, but if you had one in that good condition would you want to take it a apart? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've taken the wind on mechanism apart and there doesn't seem to be any spring and I can't work out where one would fit if there was one.

If you have taken the screw out of the top and there's no spring then you are not the first in there - it will have bounced around the room of whoever beat you to it. *Never* undo that screw!

I have a spare body which you can keep and take apart. It came free with a lens I was after, and the rangefinder is actually aligned perfectly unlike the body I inherited from my granddad (but this obviously has sentimental value and I have worked out how to get around the mis-alignment)

Send me your address mate and I'll send it off.

ped

I have a spare body which you can keep and take apart. It came free with a lens I was after, and the rangefinder is actually aligned perfectly unlike the body I inherited from my granddad (but this obviously has sentimental value and I have worked out how to get around the mis-alignment)

Send me your address mate and I'll send it off.

ped

Ped, you're a star. It was your original thread that inspired me to search out a Super Paxette of my own.

I'll PM you my details, if you pm me your details I can send you something for the postage.

Back