Calling Fuji XT10 owners

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, can you help please?

I am thinking of dipping my toe into the mirror less market and it looks to me like amongst others Fuji amd Sony are doing well in that space (I'm a Nikon SLR user currently).

I am thinking of buying the Fujifilm XT10 but have read elsewhere that due to their RAW algorithm Lightroom really struggles and importing is really slow.

I also read that Adobe have released updates to address but feedback is mixed. I am running the latest version so no worries there.

What are your experiences? I live in Lightroom and the speed is manageable right now. I really don't want it any slower.

Many thanks.
Trevor.

I have the XT1 which will be pretty much the same RAW files and i have never noticed any performance issues in either lightroom or CC.

The speed 'issue' is more so when importing photos, which is pretty darn slow compared to any other system I've used (I'm on a new well-specced Macbook Pro), but the actual editing process is fine once they've been imported.

My daughter doesn't have a problem with her XT-10 and LR6, she downloads raw files via a usb 3.0 Lexar card reader onto a bog standard i5 driven Windows laptop.

Processing speed seems fine too, I use something similar for my X-T1, usb 2.0 Sandisk card reader onto a i5 based Windows desktop again using LR6 or Photo Ninja

Do adobe still lag behind some others with file quality when processing raws or have they caught up now?

Do adobe still lag behind some others with file quality when processing raws or have they caught up now?
I believe they have caught up now with past issues processing RAW files from the X Trans sensor.

About time. With Adobe having such a large markst share and as a reluctant Adobe user myself it was an issue that helped to sway me away from the system.

I have an X10, an X20 and an X30 and have no propblem from any of them with lightroom All three, sensors are different to some extent and the X10 has a different colour mosaic, but most people would never know or even suspect.

In the early days all raw processors had problems with them, but Fuji got togrther with adobe and sorted it pretty well. And it seemed to get better as time has gone on.
Fuji partner Silkipix, had it sorted from day one but it is just horrible and slow to use.
Just about all later cameras have never had a problem.

Last edited:
Chris (post 5) is correct, importing is slower (quite a lot) than any system Ive used and Ive got a very fast setup. But once its imported its alright. Its not a new thing for Fuji and LR, all Fuji models imports are slow.

I have never noticed it being unacceptably slow. But then I don't sit there watching every image being downloaded. I set it to import, then check my mails and messages, make a brew and generally sort myself out on return from my shoot. By the time I'm ready to start thinking about processing all my images are there ready to be worked on.

I believe they have caught up now with past issues processing RAW files from the X Trans sensor.

I have seen no side by side comparisons so take it with a pinch of salt, they were supposed to be working together to solve the issues.

I still use LR5 and it doesn't give as good IQ as Fuji JPEG (but it's quite a variable thing, it really depends on the subject matter). Can't say I've noticed any speed difference, it's certainly quicker than the A7R for processing, but LR5 is still glitchy in that the more you export the slower it gets (although it's better with the XT1 than with the A7R, that was so bad I'd actually have to reboot every now and then to get back to normal!)

Not noticed any issues with my XT10 imports. Just the same as my other camera import speeds as far as I can see. [emoji106]

XT1 here and agree with the above. I read all the horror stories before I got mine but honestly haven't seen any problem in 8 months' use. Import is a little slow if you build smart previews at the same time but nothing so bad as to make me consider a different camera.

X-T10 here, import into LR is fine. I slightly prefer Capture One as a RAW processor, but LR is not bad at all - it's a matter of small differences and C1 gets me where I want to go more quickly.

As with the others I find it slow to import to Lightroom CC (much slower than Nikon files) and I have very fast setup. Once imported, there are no problems. Importing large Fuji video files off the SD card direct into Lightroom can take an indefinite period of time, so I cut and paste it off the card and into Windows directly.

The X-trans sensor used in these Fuji cameras does slows down the import. It's not Fuji vs other, it's the X-trans sensors. My X100 imports super fast while the X-E2 RAW files (same as X-T10) are imported much slower.

It's no deal breaker, end of the day, it's just imports. Make a cuppa while it's importing, or as I do, play a quick game on Battlefront :D

Back