Calling TPers, design me a simple tattoo.....Finally got it done

I COULD work my cartoon magic and see if I can come up with something for you, but not sure if it could work as an actual tattoo. Plus I don't think you'd appreciate my "IDJ '09" signiture being included. :D

Besides, it looks like I've missed the boat regarding your request.

Tattoos are not painful on your arsm, whoever said that is a big whimp :LOL:

I want more tattoos. I think i am getting two more done before my honeymoon in September. gunna have some work done on my shins :D

LOL Dear god no. Just ask Jimmy_Lemon what I think about Comic Sans :D
I've settled on a design but Im not going to show it until it's on my arm :p

Im a little bit nervous.

I went into one shop that my wife went into 10 years ago to get her first tat. A small tweetypie with our daughters name underneath. He came recommended by a bus driver I was working with who'd had most of his body done by this guy...This guy having been tattooing for over 20 years or so at the time.

Anyway I went into the same place last week and he was sat in the side bit where they do it. I went in pretty much blind with a couple of ideas but nothing concrete. The woman wasn't really that helpful. She showed me a couple but just too the attitude 'have a look round and let us know when you've chosen one'. She engaged a bit about what I might want, but I felt like I was taking too long and piddling about.
I also noticed that even though he seemed to be an absolutely brill artist...all the simple designs were really old fashioned. IE stuff that my dad would have had done in the 70's. There were some modern stuff there, but she just said 'If you have one of your own you like, print it off and we can trace it'. Not once did I see the tattoo guy himself, or was I offered the option of them drawing it for me. That's why I didn't get it done last week.

Went to another place today in another town near me that's also been there donkeys, and both guys couldn't have been more helpful. They had mountains of example books, and alot of modern stuff.
I showed him a few that I liked out of his books and he pointed out why the ones I'd chosen wouldn't be suitable. (One looked too close to something that usually represents death, another he said looked a bit girly tbh (It was a tribal-ish design with a name through it)). He backed up my idea of the one I took in on my iphone.

I emailed it to him, and he printed it out there and then, and spent some time with me choosing different styles of lettering (this is even as the shop's getting busier and busier). Not once was I pressured into making a decision. Even when I apologised for dithering, he kept saying 'No, make sure you take your time...It's a lifelong thing and we want to get it right'. Showed me a few of his tats, where he told the artist that did them 'oh stick any old **** in' and showed me why it matters to make sure it's right.

Couldn't have been any more helpful to be honest.
Now I've heard many good reports from people about him, but also one bad one from a mate (saying that one of the guys that works there rushes them because he has so many booking and is that popular, and that he's heard load of complaints. Not sure how much of it is chinese whispers though, there are gonna be bad 'reports/rumours' about everyone).
So I'm approaching it with a bit of trepidation, but I've heard mostly good, that's the main thing. I've seen his work, spoke to him, and I feel really comfortable with him doing it. I've even seen the outline etc that theyve prepared and I'm 100% happy. My neighbour had one done there too and is going back for another. That's good enough for me too.
He even said 'go home and find the lettering you want (I mentioned Id seen one on a pic at home). Knowing full well I could have wasted their time, got all their ideas and help and gone somewhere else.

So....Tuesday it is, I'm booked in, and I'm getting me inked up :D

I'm glad that you have finally made a decision and found a place that
you are comfortable with Marcel (y)

My lad has been on about one since he was about 15
He is now 19 so I guess it wasn't just a passing fad
He goes to get the needle on Thursday

I am waiting to get a cpl more done. ONe will be the original owl and the pussycat artwork. The frist thing I can remember my dad reading to me, reading at my wedding, and everything I love (animals, water and food), so that is one, and working on a half sleeve for the other arem, just need some inspiration to get it finished, was thinking pin up girl with camera type of idea, still working htough. It is not as bad as they tell you, but you do have to find a good artist and stick with them. And never be firm on your design let them do what they need. Some really good artists in Manc, so you are spoilt for choice. Hope yours is a good one, can't wait to see it done.

Well Marcel, it's Tuesday, and the tatoo shops are closed now.

Pics, or it didn't happen.:)

LOL Not got round to taking a photo yet. Been out for most of the day, taking my mum shopping for my poorly grandma, school run and just got back in from my sisters.
Will get onto it in the morning....I only had 4 hours sleep last night and I'm knackered :(

Sod it, took the photo while Im finishing my brew.

http://www.marcelbooth.co.uk/m/090714_0707.jpg

That's the design I settled on. Soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it. I know it's cliched and corny, but it's exactly what I had in mind when I decided to get one done. Everything is on it for the right reasons (y)
It's starting to swell quite a bit now too though. Must rub some more cream on before bed.

And yes, it hurt. lol
Not an "OW THAT REALLY HURTS YOU HAVE TO STOP" pain, but more of an "ow ya little bugger thats not very nice". Forgot about the pain after a few minutes though.

So there we go, 32 years old and finally got a tattoo. Now, about that parachuting course and the sports car :p

(y)

Sports car yes parachuting NO BLOODY WAY :D

Looks like he did a pretty nice job (y)

I had mine done when I was 14 :wacky:

And I aint getting one done :p

Good job he did though eh!

LOL thanks.
It's settling down now and looks a bit clearer and neater. Still quite tender. Bumped into a doorframe this morning and thought 'ooof ya bitch!'
I wasn't too sure on it at first...I think I was just getting used to the fact it's on there for life and I'd finally gone ahead and done it.
I wasn't displeased with the tat, nor did I regret it, but I was like "hmmm Im not keen on this bit or that bit". I kept thinking the writing was untidy....it was me that chose it :p

LOL thanks.
It's settling down now and looks a bit clearer and neater. Still quite tender. Bumped into a doorframe this morning and thought 'ooof ya bitch!'
I wasn't too sure on it at first...I think I was just getting used to the fact it's on there for life and I'd finally gone ahead and done it.
I wasn't displeased with the tat, nor did I regret it, but I was like "hmmm Im not keen on this bit or that bit". I kept thinking the writing was untidy....it was me that chose it :p

It will be so different when it does settle down and will look fine. Just make sure you get some serious sun factor on it. 30 at the bare minimum.

Are you sure it wasn't a lick on transfer from a lucky bag?

Have you been tellin' porkies

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :thinking:

090714_0707copy.jpg

Fair play to you Marcel. Looks good.
Ill be getting my first tattoo soon (when I can decide where to go for it).
Im getting this http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/Banksy/Banksy_Santas_Ghetto_Girl_with_balloon.htm

In the balloon ill have my daughters DOB, to signify how quickly she is growing up and remind me to enjoy every day with her.

Im not to worried about the pain the thing that gets me is that the person doing the tatt might not do it as well as I want.

Thanks chaps. It's a little bit sore and tender today...feels a little rough as I'm putting the cream on, but not visibly scabbing over yet :)

It's wierd sleeping on my back or my right hand side, as I normally lie on my left arm to sleep.

Sod it, took the photo while Im finishing my brew.

http://www.marcelbooth.co.uk/m/090714_0707.jpg

That's the design I settled on. Soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it. I know it's cliched and corny, but it's exactly what I had in mind when I decided to get one done. Everything is on it for the right reasons (y)
It's starting to swell quite a bit now too though. Must rub some more cream on before bed.

And yes, it hurt. lol
Not an "OW THAT REALLY HURTS YOU HAVE TO STOP" pain, but more of an "ow ya little bugger thats not very nice". Forgot about the pain after a few minutes though.

So there we go, 32 years old and finally got a tattoo. Now, about that parachuting course and the sports car :p

What happens when your kids get older and they decide they want to change their names to something else? Just sayin'. :D

Post a pic in a couple of days one the swelling and scabs come off, I reckon it'll look ace.

Ill give it a try when I get mine done.

You can get a free sample here, just fill out the questionnaire on nappy rash :D
http://www.bepanthen.co.uk/survey/index.php
May as well fill it out.

That is the best part, going to Tesco with a lower arm covered in blood soaked cling film, and buying Nappy Rash Cream and Absolut Vodka, you should have seen the looks i got:LOL::LOL: Thankfully that was the final part of my lower left arm finished, now to start on my right arm sleeve. Then chest piece and calves and on and on and on:naughty::LOL:

LOL Theyre welcome to change their name when theyre older. They'll always be those names to me though :D

Getting a little bit itchy now. This cream is working fine though. Starting to scab over a bit, so I've been just leaving my sleeve rolled up.

http://www.marcelbooth.co.uk/m/Photo 5.jpg

Looking good.

Must say im not looking forward to the itching.

watched Miami Ink for the first time last night, that Kat chick has talent. I was told she was working in a place im going got look at at the weekend for a few months as a guest. Shame she has gone back now.
I have alos set LA Ink and London Ink to record to see what they are like.

Looking good.

watched Miami Ink for the first time last night, that Kat chick has talent. I was told she was working in a place im going got look at at the weekend for a few months as a guest. Shame she has gone back now.

If you want London Ink stuff, both Phil Kyle and Nikole are working at Magnus Opum in Brighton, i put a link up. Phil is amazing at traditional Americana, and Nikole is one of the best Japanese Traditional Tattooists in the world.;)

http://www.magnumopustattoo.com/

Looking good.

Kat's work is fantastic but it must have been an old miami ink as she left a while back.

Tat looks great Bod, Good on ya

If you want London Ink stuff, both Phil Kyle and Nikole are working at Magnus Opum in Brighton, i put a link up. Phil is amazing at traditional Americana, and Nikole is one of the best Japanese Traditional Tattooists in the world.;)

http://www.magnumopustattoo.com/

Some great stuff on there. Im going to check this place out tommmorw hopfully. http://www.eve-tattoo.com/tattooing.htm#

Let me know what you think.

Im finding choosing a place to get it done the hardest part!

Kat's work is fantastic but it must have been an old miami ink as she left a while back.

Yeah, I think it was from about 2005 as a person on there wanted a tattoo to remember a friend that died 3 years earlier in 2002.
I just did a search on Sky for the progs as I wanted to check them out. There being shown on DMAX channel, never even heard of it till the search!

Back