Calm!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

This was taken in the Lake District a couple of months ago.

Treatment is a multiple exposure in the D700 followed by a glow added as Nik Filter in CS4

_DSC7637smaller.jpg

This is going into my camera club's competition.

Best regards

Chris

Nice composition, but I think it's a bit overexposed.

Maybe worth trying to darken the highlights. If you managed that I believe it would look really good.

:agree: It's close, but I also feel it could be pulled back a little without losing any of the desired effect.

Nice composition, but I think it's a bit overexposed.

Maybe worth trying to darken the highlights. If you managed that I believe it would look really good.

I'm not convinced about the degree of glow, and there is some blow-out in the clouds that is distracting. I feel that there is a bit of work to do on pulling in the contrast and backing off of the highlights a little before you submit. I think the image is a bit 'harsh' at the moment.

:agree: It's close, but I also feel it could be pulled back a little without losing any of the desired effect.

Hi Arclight, Horrocks and The23rdman,

Many thanks for the honest critique. I have printed and mounted and was not 100% happy. That will teach me to have a Grand Daughter born on Saturday morning thereby meaning it has been left to the last minute!!

See below where I have taken the 'glow' off and in curves just darkened a little. Do you reckon this is better?

_DSC7637withoutglowsmaller.jpg

Best regards

Chris

Yes, it is very much better and I think you could tweak it a little more just to get a shade more detail into the highlights.

Hi Arclight and horrocks,

Many thanks, I will give a little tweak before re printing and mounting this afternoon.

Thanks horrocks for the congrats. Got a call at about 08:00 on Saturday morning and drove from Devizes to St Helens immediately arriving when the Grand Daughter was only 8 hours old!

Best regards

Chris

Much better. That's a lovely shot now. :)

Hi All,

There was a couple of things bugging me about this picture. One was a hue or tint and the other was the right foreground.

I have removed the tint and part of the foreground. Hope you agree as I have now printed this out and re mounted it!!

_DSC7637withoutglowcroppedsmaller.jpg

Best regards

Chris

I think the highlights are blown out still but might be recoverable if you shot in RAW. A nice scene otherwise.

Hi Tucker,

You may well be right, will look again later. Thanks for the comment.

Best regards

Chris

I also had a wee go,only a bit of darkening and a bit less contrast and finally a wee sharpen (y)

Hi mxfun,

Many thanks for your change. It is always nice to see what others think and how they might work your pics. After all a picture paints a thousand words!!

Best regards

Chris

It's a really lovely picture, especially in its final incarnation.

I'm not wholly convinced about the need for blurring such a lovely shot, especially when you have a camera which is fantastic for capturing sharp detail - the D700!

Many congratulations on becoming a grandparent! It's a wonderful feeling which we've recently also experienced. Our granddaughter brings us much joy.

It's a really lovely picture, especially in its final incarnation.

I'm not wholly convinced about the need for blurring such a lovely shot, especially when you have a camera which is fantastic for capturing sharp detail - the D700!

Many congratulations on becoming a grandparent! It's a wonderful feeling which we've recently also experienced. Our granddaughter brings us much joy.

Thanks for the comment and congrats.

One of the great features of the Nikon DSLR is being able to do multiple exposures. This gives you the ability to create soft and appealing images when created if a there is a little wind in the air. This is something I have been experimenting with and in particular whilst in the Lake District on a photographic holiday a couple of months ago.

Best regards

Chris

Hi mxfun,

Many thanks for your change. It is always nice to see what others think and how they might work your pics. After all a picture paints a thousand words!!

Best regards

Chris

Nae problemo (y)

Nice shot btw also

Back