Camber Sands & Whitstable

Edit My Images
No
Here's two from yesterday - the first is of Camber Sands during mid afternoon as the tide was going out. I used a circular polariser to enhance the sky a little. The posts you see are old groynes. I had to be careful as I was standing in about 1ft of water and I was trying my best not to stir the sand up otherwise it would have made the water murky!

Handheld, 1/50th @ f/13

Camber_Sands.jpg

The second was taken on Whistable beach and is two exposures merged together to keep some of the detail in the groyne but stop the sky washing out

Tripod, 1/2 sec @ f/22

Whitstable.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcomed

They are both really nice shots. I like the cool rich colour in the first one, and the way the pebbles and the posts lead the eye into the shot. I also like the warmth and tranquility in the second shot.

i like both of them,but fav is second one (y)

second is really nice, i really like that, i mean to get shots like that but i never do...

Thanks for the kind words peeps, I was pleased they turned out so well. :thinking:

Keltic Ice Man said:
Think you should get them poster size before the offer runs out

Thankyou for the reminder, done!

Better get rid of the sensor dust blob in the first one before its printed (above the groynes) :) Why do I notice these things ? :thinking:

Anyway great images. The black borders is a nice touch too might have to try that sometime.

second for me too, really nice

Damn I need a holiday, and after looking at these, I need one even more!
Initially I was drawn to no.2 because of the warm, lazy feeling I get when I look at those kind sunset pics but Ive decided on no.1 for me. Its so refreshingly cool & I love the sense of space & isolation. Id def have that on my wall!

RobertP said:
Better get rid of the sensor dust blob in the first one before its printed (above the groynes) :) Why do I notice these things ? :thinking:

That was actually a dried raindrop on my polariser (from a previous excursion) I found when I got home - DOH!

I did edit it out before having it printed, but I forgot to edit it out before I posted it here :LOL:

I adore the first one. The second is great too.. but I love the colour in the first.

Back