Cambrian Rally - 2009

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

A mate and I made the trek from Bristol to North Wales for this year's Cambrian Rally. It's the first time I've been and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it reminded me of why I love shooting rallies. It was also a chance to get in a bit of practice before Rally GB next week.

It was great seeing a few of the WRC guys as they demonstrated just why they're the best around.

Here's a few pics from yesterday, C&C would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Mark

684276566_5B8dZ-L.jpg

684280185_8rEMR-L.jpg

684279381_HADkK-L.jpg

684279957_3JUTN-L.jpg

684284130_gaVFW-L.jpg

684285262_TByJT-L.jpg

Last edited:
#2,3 & 4 (despite the OOF branches at the left of the frame, unavoidable though I suppose) are my favourites in your set. Not keen on the portrait framing of #1 though. Seems too tight.

Overall a good set though, the Cambrian looks like great fun and the proximity to the cars makes for an excellent shot.

Thanks guys for the comments.

The Ostberg shot is one of my personal favourites, and the tree framing the left side was intentional (although the branches in the foreground wasn't).

I have a few that are similar to the Ieaun shot, although this one stands out for me compared to the rest.

What do you guys think of the shot of the Supra (no 7)? I like the exposure of the sky, just wish there was a bit more action. I tried getting similar shots on a few cars but couldn't get the sky. Not sure what I did but I couldn't repeat it!

I do like the idea of #9, but think it would have been better with the car this side of the little crest?

The slow shutter speed shot of Rowlands is the pick of the set for me though.

Rhod.

I nearly said the one in the red coat :shrug:

Furthest right with the jeans and red and grey jacket.

Ahh, I recognise you now. When we wandered down to that corner you had crossed the stage and was taking pics from the inside of the corner. I think I was stood next to you when you came back and packed your camera bag, at least I think so :shrug::LOL:

Fly Half & Trappe:

Thanks for the comments, the Rowlands shot is one of my favourites. Thanks for the tip on 7.

Cheers,
Mark

Ahh, I recognise you now. When we wandered down to that corner you had crossed the stage and was taking pics from the inside of the corner. I think I was stood next to you when you came back and packed your camera bag, at least I think so :shrug::LOL:

That was me yep, the one whinging he'd had enough and was bored. ;)

In fact you'll find yourself in the background of my shot of Ostberg. Stood by Si Clarke etc.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=173339

Back