Cambridge meet - 21.11.10 (yeah ok i have the month correct now!)

Ryan - from what I've seen you turn out some pretty cracking stuff. I just couldn't resist taking the pee.....

Adrian is spot on with the contrast between 1 and 2. I guess you are right with the sherry v coffee..........:shrug:

Loved your idea of the Darwin pose.........

Cheers adrian - the sound of silence from the rest was beginning to deafen me. No big heads in my world - I think my work is rubbish; and that's what keeps me honest.

Adran - Cambridge is one of those unique cities where for every poor fella like #1 there's a pompous toff like the one in #2. What I found really interesting was the worried look on the face of the toff. Was he worried his caviar was going off back home? Or that he might be late for his 4 course lunch? Whereas the homeless guy was only interested in getting his roll-up done (which took an age to be fair, not that I've ever rolled one). I hope he bought a coffee with the money I gave him, but I suspect it went on another bottle of sherry :(

You're far too modest. But keep it up, it's clearly working for you ;)

You've touched upon something interesting... you stated that you gave money to the homeless guy. I've done the same myself (and still do), but sometimes wonder if it's ethically correct.

You're far too modest. But keep it up, it's clearly working for you ;)

You've touched upon something interesting... you stated that you gave money to the homeless guy. I've done the same myself (and still do), but sometimes wonder if it's ethically correct.

Hmm that debate could go anywhere.............:LOL:

Ryan did ask the guy to promise he'd buy a coffee with it...........but in all
honesty I think he's closer with the Sherry.

Turns out Cambridge has a higher than average % of homeless - tourist area? wealthy students? Easy pickings? Who knows?

At the end of the day I guess it's better the odd person gives him a quid here and there rather than he mug a granny for her pension......... :shrug:

Although I suppose the ideal solution would be to go buy him a coffee - (however there wasnt a coffee shop anywhere near where the pic was taken)

Hmm that debate could go anywhere.............:LOL:

Ryan did ask the guy to promise he'd buy a coffee with it...........but in all
honesty I think he's closer with the Sherry.

Turns out Cambridge has a higher than average % of homeless - tourist area? wealthy students? Easy pickings? Who knows?

At the end of the day I guess it's better the odd person gives him a quid here and there rather than he mug a granny for her pension......... :shrug:

Although I suppose the ideal solution would be to go buy him a coffee - (however there wasnt a coffee shop anywhere near where the pic was taken)

Don't disrespect sherry - it's the drink of Kings. Perhaps that's why there's a higher %age of sherry drinkers there :thinking:

Ryan - from what I've seen you turn out some pretty cracking stuff. I just couldn't resist taking the pee.....

Adrian is spot on with the contrast between 1 and 2. I guess you are right with the sherry v coffee..........:shrug:

Loved your idea of the Darwin pose.........

S'alright. No offence taken :love:

Great stuff guys! Ryan you'll have to teach me some Photoshop/Lightoom skill as really like your images. When the baby is a bit older I might be able to bring her along to the next meet so I can take some shots myself ;)

Damn - just what am I going to have to say to offend you? :LOL:

Just point a camera at him....because he lurrrrrves people doing that!!! :shake:

IMG_2056a.jpg

Whilst i was at it.... I also did a bit of PS on this one too. Bit of a general tidy up, removed a few artifacts/distractions, and made the sky a bit more angry.

Old College by markbingley, on Flickr

kingscollege.jpg

These two are my favorites. You captured the homeless guy very well. Love the DoF, and the B/W conversion works perfectly. Would love to see a larger copy of this one, perhaps on your Flickr sometime?

The PP on the second shot is wonderful, and really sets the scene perfectly. I really need to learn these sorts of PS skills, as they have enhanced the image no end IMO.

:clap:

yep Ryans pic of the homeless guy wins the comp.

He gets to come to Norwich and has to have a crack at the mental flower stall market trader twins......... and they are bloody odd!

yep Ryans pic of the homeless guy wins the comp.

He gets to come to Norwich and has to have a crack at the mental flower stall market trader twins......... and they are bloody odd!

Awww cheers mate :confused:

The challenge of the flower stall people sounds like on I can't refuse. I'll be there :D

Some great pictures guys :) I'll have to try and come next time you're out and about.

Back