Cambridge

First two and the last one for me. One and two very atmospheric looks good with the mono conversion. The last one could be a brochure shot :)

Steve

steve_v said:
First two and the last one for me. One and two very atmospheric looks good with the mono conversion. The last one could be a brochure shot :)

Steve

Thanks for the comments Steve, 1 and 2 are my favourites :)

I like the feel of #1, but I would have cropped in a bit more all round.

I love the reflection and the shape the boats make in #2. I think the tree on the left (and its reflection) is a distraction though. A square crop cutting that tree out works quite well. If possible I would have tried to take that in portrait orientation to get the top of the tree on the right, and possibly its reflection, though I like the boats on the bottom right. :)

#3 is a bit of a nothing for me, yes it's calm and misty, but what is the focus? :shrug:

#4 may have been better in the portrait orientation to show more of the reflections down the side of each bank.

#5 doesn't do anything for me. Sorry.

The same with #6. The bridge draws my eye from the couple, and if you are going to show that much of the building in the background, then show it all. :shrug: There are also too many branches over the scene, which cover rather than frame the scene.

Hope you don't think I've been too harsh. Feel free to ignore. ;)

Not at all Redhed17, everyones gonna have their own opinion, i appreciate you taking the time to comment and you've made some valid points :)

Back