camera and filter care advise please

Name
Aaron
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys I just want a bit of advise. I was using my brand new nd110 filter for first time today and ended up dropping the thing on the floor twice when putting it on and thiw dented the outside and put small scratch on It I am such a plonker.

This got me thinking have I got the right equipment to care for my camera, at the moment I have a gitios rocket blower and an ok lens cloth, also got case etc but what else do I need or ahould have for my stuff? Can you recommend any care cleaning equipment?

Going back to the nd110 filter, what is the best way to care for this apart from dropping it on the floor? It is in the case when not in use but how do I keep it clean?

You've got BBTFHS - Big Buttery Turnip Farmer's Hands Syndrome! The way to keep stuff in good shape is not to drop it or get it dirty in the first place! Sorry to state the obvious.

I use a rocket blower (sensor) and microfibre cloth (lenses) - that's it. I have a sensor cleaning kit but have never needed it in several years. I have also been know to wash filters in warm soapy water as it's very hard to keep your fingers off them, even without BBTFHS, and that's just a very effective way. Don't wash a polariser though, as they have grease in the rotating parts.

Edit: I tell a lie, I also use a small soft lens brush to get dust etc off lenses, then a bit of heavy breathing before using the cloth. If the lens is completely free of dirt, then you can rub quite hard with a clean microfibre without fear of damage.

Back