Camera bag for college

Name
Matt Beech
Edit My Images
Yes
I guess this sort of question has been asked 1000 times but i'm really stuck. Basically, i've just started college and need a proper camera backpack to take my gear in but also my work books etc aswell. My gear I would be taking would be a canon 400D with grip with sigma 24-70 f/2.8 lens, canon 50mm f/1.8 II and various bits and bobs. Or if I need my film equipment, an olympus OM10 with 50mm f/1.8 lens and maybe 2 other small sized lenses. I would also need extra room for a book or two and an A4 pad.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I would go with something like the Lowepro mini-trekker that has a large top compartment over a camera bag. It will easily hold a 400D and a couple of lenses + bits and bobs. I would also minimise the stuff I carried, leave the grip at home.

I've got an F-Stop Bard I use that to carry my camera gear, laptop and lunch to work. Their site is www.fstopgear.com

I would say take a look at the Crumpler back packs or the Lowepro Fastpack 250/350.

I guess this sort of question has been asked 1000 times but i'm really stuck. Basically, i've just started college and need a proper camera backpack to take my gear in but also my work books etc aswell. My gear I would be taking would be a canon 400D with grip with sigma 24-70 f/2.8 lens, canon 50mm f/1.8 II and various bits and bobs. Or if I need my film equipment, an olympus OM10 with 50mm f/1.8 lens and maybe 2 other small sized lenses. I would also need extra room for a book or two and an A4 pad.

Thanks in advance.

It also depends on your budget £85 should get you a new LowePro fastpack 350 with computer compartment and enoughh room for everything else check fleabay;)

Check out the Redsnapper range.

have a look in Jessops as well. I can't remember the name of mine and its not with me at the moment but mine is great build quality and price. Bottom dedicated to camera gear with adjustable dividers and on a recent holiday was able to squeze in the following:

D40X + 70-300mm VR
Sigma 10-20mm
Nikon 18-55mm
1 Jessops flashgun
3 spare batteries
loads of memory cards
Cokin P series holder + 4 boxes of P sized filters

Squezed in but still great. And then the top half can store other things in and I managed to get a lot in there as well.

It was a bargain price but was during their sale so not sure of the price now, but have a look around and try and find something which you think suits your taste best.

Back