Camera bag recommendations

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I am travelling to Barcelona and have been told by the airline that my cabin baggage cannot be any bigger than 56 x 45 x 25 cm. I hope I dont have any trouble finding a bag that size but wanted you thoughts on which make? I will be taking camera body and 4 lenses.
Thank you.

Neil

There have been plenty of threads on camera bags recently. I rather the FStop gear bags, but they are expensive.

When are you going to Barcelona? I'm heading outin a few weeks, but will only be taking one body/lens.

There have been plenty of threads on camera bags recently. I rather the FStop gear bags, but they are expensive.

When are you going to Barcelona? I'm heading outin a few weeks, but will only be taking one body/lens.

Hi,
I am heading out there in September and on to a transatlantic cruise. The bag I have is a Tamrac but just that little to big. I don't really want to spend a great deal but if I have to them ok;)

Backpack with camera, lenses, portable HD and leads.
Travelling with someone... put a lens or two in there too, usually comboed with a laptop.

Don't have much room for magazines anymore... and mags are heavy :/

Only problem is weight... although I prefer putting the backpack under the seat in front, you have to make sure there aren't kids going to spill anything on it.

I've recently bought a Lowepro Fastpak 350.

Key features:
  • The bottom compartment holds an SLR with about 4 lenses.
  • It has a great quick-access flap to get the camera out.
  • It has a separate top compartment useful for jumper, packed lunch, or other stuff you carry with you when you travel.
  • Airline carry-on compatible.
  • It also holds a laptop up to 17" in a separate side-opening pocket.
I'm very impressed with it, and at under £50 from Amazon it is excellent value.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will certainly have a look at the Think Tank range.

Neil

I have a lowepro computrekker AW. I don't know the measurements off the top of my head but I have traveled on numerous airlines and not had a problem with it meeting their criteria. It's a really well built bag with plenty of room for 2 camera bodies and several lenses aswell as my laptop and flash guns. One thing to watch out for is the weight, all that kit adds up and I have had a jobsworth security guard in Geneva give me an earful over this. Great all-round bag though.

Back