Camera bag recommendations?

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a tiny bag which was designed to carry one camera and one lens. I have been over stuffing it lately and I am in desperate need of an upgrade!

I will be carrying one camera and 3/4 lenses. I also carry my battery charger and spare batteries sometimes so need some room for this too. I may also carry an extra camera in the future, as I am planning to keep my current one when I upgrade!

My current bag is a Lowepro and the carry handle sheds this weird black stuff which is obviously not ideal.

Appreciate any recommendations! Thank you!

Last edited:
I have a tiny bag which was designed to carry one camera and one lens. I have been over stuffing it lately and I am in desperate need of an upgrade!

I will be carrying one camera and 3/4 lenses. I also carry my battery charger and spare batteries sometimes so need some room for this too. I may also carry an extra camera in the future, as I am planning to keep my current one when I upgrade!

My current bag is a Lowepro and the carry handle sheds this weird black stuff which is obviously not ideal, not sure wether I should avoid the brand altogether or wether it was a one off bad design.

Appreciate any recommendations! Thank you!

what lenses are you wanting to carry?
tarmac are fantastic bags the expedition ones.....
how much is your budget?

What type of bag are you after, and what lenses will you be putting in it, do you want to have the lenses attached to the body/bodies? I have the Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L which is a great bag nice and light, doesn't look like a camera bag. It fits a pro body with 70-200 fitted along with 3/4 lenses.

Iv got a kata bumblebee 220, iv got 2 cameras, 4 lenses, and plenty of spare batteries and other bits In it.

@Mark twiglet I'll be carrying the 50mm, 35mm, 105mm macro and (occasionally) the standard 18-55mm. My budget was around £100 before I had a quick look online and remembered how expensive they can be! Honestly I will pay what I need to for a decent bag, the Lowepro Magnum looks pretty good to me but it's hard to get a good feel for the size just from stock photos. Amazon seems to have some good deals on those bags too.

@ChrisHeathcote Lenses as above. I usually do keep a lens on the body. I won't be walking around with my bag, it will only going in my car and to the studio, so I'm not too fussed about the appearance or weight of it. Having said that I do take my camera with me when we go for walks with the kids so would be nice to also have a camera bag that didn't look like a camera bag!

Think Tank Retrospective 10 or 20 Shoulder bags, excellent quality bags. I have the 10 which takes camera with lens attached (10-70), Sigma 10-20, Tamron 90 macro usually but would take a couple of small primes on top of that, also carries various filters, batteries, remotes and flash. have the 30 as well for when I need to take absolutely everything

@Mark twiglet I'll be carrying the 50mm, 35mm, 105mm macro and (occasionally) the standard 18-55mm. My budget was around £100 before I had a quick look online and remembered how expensive they can be! Honestly I will pay what I need to for a decent bag, the Lowepro Magnum looks pretty good to me but it's hard to get a good feel for the size just from stock photos. Amazon seems to have some good deals on

This is a good website to give you an idea on size http://www.cambags.com/

Think Tank Retrospective 10 or 20 Shoulder bags, excellent quality bags. I have the 10 which takes camera with lens attached (10-70), Sigma 10-20, Tamron 90 macro usually but would take a couple of small primes on top of that, also carries various filters, batteries, remotes and flash. have the 30 as well for when I need to take absolutely everything

I have the 10, nice enough bag but I just can't get on with shoulder bags, don't feel comfortable to carry being lopsided and dare I say it not really a man bag person.

Much prefer using an insert in a proper rucksack or in my case with a smaller FujI, camera and lens in small bag dropped into rucksack with extra lenses if required in padded lens cases

Last edited:
Camera bags were created by the devil! You buy one that's perfect ....... then buy a new lens ...... and it's no longer perfect...... I've had numerous perfect camera bags over the years! Tarmac, billingham, lowe pro and nikon ones ...... all perfect of course! My wife is better with handbags!!!!

Much prefer using an insert in a proper rucksack or in my case with a smaller FujI, camera and lens in small bag dropped into rucksack with extra lenses if requured in padded lens cases

:agree:

Dave

The Photography show is coming up mid March. Why not take the opportunity to have a look round and see if there is anything there that takes your fancy. You might even pick up a bargain. I've got several bags acquired over the years from Think Tank Urban Disguise, to a Lowpro minitreker and a slingshot Even a roller case. ( To much gear I suppose. ) The ones I use the most are the Urban Disguise and the Slingshot. I must admit I am constantly surprised how much I can get in the Think Tank, with a little ingenuity.

At the end of the day it's really down to what you find practical and what you can live with, Not forgetting the price

@ChrisHeathcote thank you for taking the time to upload photos! That bag looks like it has a lot of space and a nice design too.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations, very helpful!

I have a big lowepro back pack style, I think its the 400 AW. I can fit, 25-70, 70-200, 12-24, flash, D3 and D4 and 150-600. Can strap tripod to the back etc. HOWEVER, lifting it is another issue!

Back