Camera bag suggestions for 300D + 2 lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all.

I got 28-135 IS USM & 50mm f1.8 canon lenses for my 300D over the weekend (birthday pressies, from me to me ;) ).

The trouble is, my lowepro bag is no longer suitable, so I need something else to carry them in. I'm trying to decide whether to get something to carry them altogether, or a smaller bag big enough for the camera + zoom, and a lens case.

I'm also looking at the Crumpler range, but curious as to whether they are any good.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

btw - it looks like the problem I first posted about was the fault of the lens, no troubles with the new ones.

crumpler bags are very good, ive got 2 and they've put up with some abuse with no signs of damage and no water ingress, both rather comfy as well when worn for long periods

Yeah, thats a nice looking bag. The sling bags also look pretty nice, so I might have to revise my 'no backpack' stance ;) I'm trying to shortlist so I can go into a store with an idea and try some out.

I like backpacks. I have a Lowepro mini trekker which I replaced with a Computrekker AW. However, if I'm out and about walking then I transfer what I think I need into the mini trekker. It's small, light and easy access works for me, plus I have the pockets for anything else I need such as maps, drinks etc.

I have a Lowepro Rezo 180, holds all my kit plus whatever else I throw in it!

So many choices ... ;) I've left it a bit late. I go away next week and need a new bag. Not a lot of time to shop around.

The Rezo's look good too, similar to the crumpler pretty boy. The 180 looks a lot bigger than the 160.

I've got the micro trekker 100 - fits my D70 with 70-300mm VR attatched and the kit lens beside it, plus all my lens caps etc. There's easily enough room for 1 more lens as well. Warehouse Express do next day delivery if you order before 4pm so no problems with getting it on time :)

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/?photo/lowepro/trekker.html#100

I've got the micro trekker 100 - fits my D70 with 70-300mm VR attatched and the kit lens beside it, plus all my lens caps etc. There's easily enough room for 1 more lens as well. Warehouse Express do next day delivery if you order before 4pm so no problems with getting it on time :)

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/?photo/lowepro/trekker.html#100

It should be able to store it all, but access to it probably isn't too fast, is it?

Well, I went to the camera shops yesterday arvo, looked around and ended up ordering a crumpler bag. I am a sucker for the fancy looks ;) The bags do look functional and capable though. I'll post when it arrives and I've tried it out.

I posted a few links to bags I found on eBay recently; here they are if you are still looking;

Here's a nice offer on one that Gem make.

... and an even better Tamrac one...

Well, I went to the camera shops yesterday arvo, looked around and ended up ordering a crumpler bag. I am a sucker for the fancy looks ;) The bags do look functional and capable though. I'll post when it arrives and I've tried it out.

A mini review would surely be nice :)

make sure you shop for the best price once you have decided on the one you want. I bought a slingshot 100 recently - the cheapest place turned out to be Currys at £35, Jessops had it for £70 (with a small rebate from lowepro i think but it was still significantly more expensive).

I've always thought that Jessops was more expensive to be honest. I purchased a filter from them at £13 - then contacted Kerso who sold me three similar ones for £6 each!!

jessops have the min-trekker AW for £109, it's £69 everywhere online, that's the bag i want next anyway :)

It should be able to store it all, but access to it probably isn't too fast, is it?

Not really - I use it for walks (so it needs protection and waterproofness, which it has) and cycling (so it needs to be a rucksack). But if you're just strolling in normal conditions and need to be snapping street candids or wildlife then yes a shoulder bag would probably be better.

Not really - I use it for walks (so it needs protection and waterproofness, which it has) and cycling (so it needs to be a rucksack). But if you're just strolling in normal conditions and need to be snapping street candids or wildlife then yes a shoulder bag would probably be better.

Thanks, I was wondering whether there wasn't a super secret opening for quick access somewhere :D
I do need to pull it out quickly (sounds nasty, huh ;) ) quite often, so I guess the Slingshot was the right decision for me.

Back